Sponsored

GT350 Winter Tires

CoolFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hi guys,

not the first thread on winter tires but I haven't seen clear results on what tires (less wide) are allowed.

I just bought a GT350 and this car will make it's way to Germany when i return.
As we have to have winter tires from October to April we don't need to discuss if it makes sense. It does because we don't get snow that often :-)

Anyone knows what tires and wheels are a good fit? Less wide tires are favorable in winter. The users manual just states that we can call Ford Performance.

In Europe we are only allowed to drive tires that are allowed/permitted in the cars documents. I haven't picked up the car yet so I don't know if there is additional information in the papers.

Thanks in advance for every helpful comment.
Oliver
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
You can buy pirelli sottozero 295/30/19 all around. Unfortunately there aren't many if any wheel options in a smaller width that will clear the brakes. I used the pirellis on my last high performance car around the same weight as the 350 (rwd e63 amg) and they plowed thru the snow(over 18" of snowfall) with awesome traction . Good luck here's the link;
http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDet...er+Sottozero+Serie+II&partnum=93VR9240SZ2XLN1

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Sottozeros are pretty good, used them on my CLA45 during the winter, but only because I had to use "MO (Mercedes Only)" tires approved by the manufacturer.

The Sottozeros are a "performance" winter tire, so their tread pattern and compound sacrifices some snow/ice grip to increase dry and wet grip in cold conditions. If you are looking for a performance option the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 is the best option available, and is made in OEM sizes for Porsche 911's, so it shouldn't be hard to get them in the size you need.

If you can get them in the correct sizes, tires like the Blizzak WS-80 and Michelin X-ICE series are superior winter tires in regards to snow/ice traction. They will not perform as well on dry pavement as a "winter performance" tire, but IMO snow/ice grip should be the highest priority.