GT350 vs Camaro 1LE

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I agree. Those that think the Camaro is better than the Mustang have tunnel vision and aren't loyal Ford owners.:cheers:
I am proud to call myself a loyal, died in the wool, Ford lover. I thank my dad for that special feeling, everyday.

I give credit to the Camaro, just would not own one.
Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
I bought my wife a new 2013 Camaro SS Convert a couple of years ago for Mothers Day. I shopped around and found her the nicest one I could find. I found her one with all the add-ons. I bought her a nice big red bow and did the big reveal etc. She LOVES that car and is very proud of it. It lives at our cottage and I drive it a lot when we are there. I like the looks of it. It has a decent ride, but it does not inspire me personally one little bit.

I just gave my oldest daughter by 2005 Corvette Convert with 10k miles. She loves it. I did too. My grandkids love it when Mom takes them for a cruise.

I have owned lots of different cars over the year and have respect for most of them.

I AM however a Ford guy at heart for certain. My new GT350 is a really awesome car and you won't find me personally buying a Camaro.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Like Jay Leno said, You get a Mustang with a Ferrari engine. For about 5K over a 1LE you get a 100hp per litre and a better resale value in a year.

toofast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Wonder if the Camaro, comes with a free Mullet at Super Cuts LOL
OMG that is too funny.

Just got back from Cleveland where unfortunately the "mullet" is alive and well. I pulled into a gas station at the city limits when I first got there and a black IROC-Z pulls up to the pump next to me and out pops a guy with one of the worst mullets I've ever seen. This guy appeared to be living in the 80s. I can't count the number of mullets I've seen driving Camaros in the last 10 years.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
For about 5K over a 1LE you get a 100hp per litre and a better resale value in a year.
I'd be buying a GT350 for the Voodoo engine and whatever difference in the "fun to drive" factor.

Resale value has never been relevant to my car buying decisions, ever. Not even for the family sedans. If it wasn't expected to remain fun enough to drive to keep at least a year past the final payment on a four year note, it didn't get bought.

Norm

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing holding the Camaro back from having exactly the same icon-level status at Chevrolet that the Mustang has at Ford is the Corvette. Can't be up-staging the halo car.

But it's close, and the tunnel vision otherwise known as brand loyalty can't change that.

Norm
Disagree. The Camaro will never hold the icon status the Mustang does, because it followed the Mustang to market and will forever be regarded as GM's answer for the original pony car. This is also why the Corvette holds the similar status despite years where it and the Thunderbird went head-to-head.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
I'd be buying a GT350 for the Voodoo engine and whatever difference in the "fun to drive" factor.

Resale value has never been relevant to my car buying decisions, ever. Not even for the family sedans. If it wasn't expected to remain fun enough to drive to keep at least a year past the final payment on a four year note, it didn't get bought.

Like Jay Leno said, You get a Mustang with a Ferrari engine with 100hp per litre.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
For some people the car buying process amounts to a practical one. How much does it cost? What kind of mileage does it get? How reliable is it? What is the resale value? Does it serve the purpose I need it for...will it carry all the kids etc.

For me it has little to do with the analytical side...it is very emotional. There is a connection to the car, the manufacturer and others who have a similar passion.

I remember the very first time I sat in a Mustang...like it was yesterday. That was 50+ years ago. How it felt. How it smelled and how it sounded.

I remember all the times fellow Stang enthusiasts met in a parking lot to cruise somewhere.

I love to wash my cars, not because I enjoy the exercise but because I love the way they make me feel.

I love to go to car shows, especially Ford shows. To meet the people and share the experience with others.

In summary, I think Cheby builds an excellent car. It just don't care about it. Nothing personal as they say...nothing speaks to me like a Mustang.:love:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Disagree. The Camaro will never hold the icon status the Mustang does, because it followed the Mustang to market and will forever be regarded as GM's answer for the original pony car.
Original? Not hardly. Plymouth's Barracuda beat them both to market, just that the Mustang made the bigger splash and managed to generate the 'pony' part of the segment name. Chevy's Corvair - already going into its 2nd generation about that time - probably had similar intent as 'inexpensive fun/sporty transportation', but was just too different and under a cloud of suspicion from people who didn't know how to drive it.

Norm

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This is also why the Corvette holds the similar status despite years where it and the Thunderbird went head-to-head.
Corvette and Thunderbird were never really true competitors, IMO.

The closest they came was during the Thunderbird's first iteration ('55-'57), but about the only thing in common were the number of seats. The T-birds were more of a cruiser than a sports car even then, and deviated from any sense of a sporting nature from '58 on.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Well, credit where it's due...if a Camaro SS with a "glorified option box" (no special ordering BS here) is in the same realm as a GT350 with or without the TP...Chevy is going something right.

I just can't wait to see how close the two are going to be. Track selection will play a huge role in this...but, I think something like MRLS would be a fair choice. :)

toofast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Camaro interior is pretty bad compared to the new Mustangs.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Original? Not hardly. Plymouth's Barracuda beat them both to market, just that the Mustang made the bigger splash and managed to generate the 'pony' part of the segment name. Chevy's Corvair - already going into its 2nd generation about that time - probably had similar intent as 'inexpensive fun/sporty transportation', but was just too different and under a cloud of suspicion from people who didn't know how to drive it.

Norm
Well, aware of that information, but nonetheless, the Mustang emerged as the runaway leader and will always be regarded as the trend setter. Camaro is an also-ran.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Back in the 60's Ford was a joke on the streets around Detroit. GM ruled the streets and any teenager knew it. Finally Ford had to rely on Tasca Ford to come up with the 428 cobra jet. Us old guys still remember the mustang was just a falcon. A 289 hi po mustang would never show up on Woodward ave back in 1966. For us old guys that's hard to forget. Just a blast from the past. I like them both and have owned a ton. I find them fun to own and when I get bored I change brand. Loyal to American muscle only.
Sponsored