I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Any Updates on the custom badge options?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MF_AutoDesigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Any Updates on the custom badge options?
New "color match" badges will be in stock in about a week. Check out our instagram for initial pictures. We will be add a separate "custom" option once this new batch arrives. Thanks!

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
New "color match" badges will be in stock in about a week. Check out our instagram for initial pictures. We will be add a separate "custom" option once this new batch arrives. Thanks!
The RR looks good. Adding to the list. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

MF_AutoDesigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the idea. I suppose epoxy + double sided 3M VHB tape will hold the badge on the provided grille metal support for ever.
Hey Mak. With the tape provided you are only at 25% of the 3M recommended holding capacity. I haven't had a single customer experience any issues with this mounting method. We decided against having built in bolts for a number of reasons.

1) Fixed bolts will not work for every grille as they don't provide any "slack" in how they are positioned. We tested one of SCS's grille badges and could not get it to work with the custom car grilles mesh without bending a few of the holes.

2) Fixed bolts don't allow the needed lateral adjustment for some grilles. Again, with the custom car grilles mesh we weren't able to get the SCS version badge to sit straight. The tape method allows you to perfect the positioning and alignment.

3) From a business standpoint adding bolts doubles the SKU count. We'd be fine with doing that if there was a clear benefit but with the aforementioned issues we decided it wasn't.

We are in the process of using a new tape supplier that will provide a full 3 inch by 1.5 inch piece of tape that will fit over the entire mounting plate surface. This will provide even more strength (even though it isn't necessarily needed). The tape will not be pre-applied to the back of the badge so if you order the grille version and decide you want to use it on the decklid instead, you can.

Regards,
Matt

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks for the info. So I take it that the 3M tape that’s already on the badge will keep it in place permanently.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Great, thanks! :thumbsup:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Hey Guys! Wondering, now that you have the new Coyote badges, any ideas on that P-51 Badge I asked about and I know others are interested in?

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Got my badge today in the Mail...really impressed with the weight and quality. Excited to get it on the car this spring.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.