Not open for further replies.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Okay got a serious question to ask. I ordered a GT350 with track pack. My car was supposed to be built today, but was notified that it has changed to the 10th. Wasn't given a reason.

Here is my question, I ordered avalanche grey with black roof and black strips. But have been thinking about changing to magnetic with black roof and black strips. I was just told by the ford rep that I could change the color if I wanted.

Really would like to know what everyone thinks. I need to make this choice quickly and I'm torn between the 2 colors.
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
You're only going to get a very mixed and subjective bunch of opinions. It's like music and art in general, it only matters what you like. Look at a picture of both side-by-side and ask yourself which one get's your heart racing a little more. 'Course, if you're like me, it will be different tomorrow. I thought I was all in on AG/Black but now I think I'm going classic OW/Blue

Last edited:

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
Okay got a serious question to ask. I ordered a GT350 with track pack. My car was supposed to be built today, but was notified that it has changed to the 10th. Wasn't given a reason.

Here is my question, I ordered avalanche grey with black roof and black strips. But have been thinking about changing to magnetic with black roof and black strips. I was just told by the ford rep that I could change the color if I wanted.

Really would like to know what everyone thinks. I need to make this choice quickly and I'm torn between the 2 colors.
Personal choice but I'd go with the magnetic looks great in person. :)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Tough decisions... both look good! What side of the spectrum do you lean towards more? The lighter or the darker shades??

Last edited:

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Magnetic only looks good when it really clean.IMO..how are you in the car washing department? because when that car is clean, its beautiful...black stripes with white accents..wow

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Is that actually magnetic? I was told that it wasn't, that it was darker. That does help to see the two colors pictured together.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You're only going to get a very mixed and subject bunch of opinions. It's like music and art in general, it only matters what you like. Look at a picture of both side-by-side and ask yourself which one get's your heart racing a little more. 'Course, if you're like me, it will be different tomorrow. I thought I was all in on AG/Black but now I think I'm going classic OW/Blue

I know, I'm just wanted to find out from people on this forum, if you had to choose between the two colors, which one would you choose?

I know this is going to be my car. I'm just that torn.

turbo_fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Coupe
If it's the same one that older woman is no joke! She was the first to take me for a ride in the new s550... probably the most aggressive driver on the main roads, lol. Also noticed she was using both feet... and my vote is magnetic! again... lol.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I like lighter-colored cars so I'd choose AG. I've got a Fusion Energi in Magnetic...it's nice, but i think some of the lines on the gt350 get missed in Magnetic.

Sponsored

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I'll throw in my vote for Magnetic as well. That's how I ordered mine, and my wife's 2015 Ecoboost is the same color. Contrary to what some people say, I would absolutely not say that Magnetic hides any lines. Instead, the metallic flakes and the shine really help bring them out. Granted, I'm very anal about keeping it clean, and I spend about 2 hours washing and detailing it every weekend. If you're not that dedicated, Avalanche might be a better color, as it looks like it would hide dust better.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know, I'm just wanted to find out from people on this forum, if you had to choose between the two colors, which one would you choose?

I would choose magnetic over avalanche gray. I don't really like light colors as much because they hide the lines of the car and emphasize panel gaps. It doesn't bother me that a darker color shows dirt more. One thing I don't like about dark colors is that they show chipped paint more easily, but I live with that.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

As you can see so far, your colors conundrum won't be solved here... you'll get responses for both colors since it's all subjective. Personal preference runs abound... :D

So maybe ask your spouse, partner, family members, etc... have some family input to make a decision you can technically only do once. :thumbsup:

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
As you can see so far, your colors conundrum won't be solved here... you'll get responses for both colors since it's all subjective. Personal preference runs abound... :D

So maybe ask your spouse, partner, family members, etc... have some family input to make a decision you can technically only do once. :thumbsup:
Interesting you say that. My wife picked the color DIB with black stripes. I was just happy to get the car. I narrowed it down to 3 colors and she picked. Really made her feel part of the process.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.