BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium 10 speed, rapid red, pp1,
Bump!

I have a 2021 mustang GT PP1 Premium car. Looking at whether to add CCBs. Car is mainly a mountain cruiser/ maybe 1 or 2 autox events a year. I live in Wyoming, but the car will be in storage for the winter.

In terms of power, either an ESS G3 kit on low boost or just keep it FBO. Already has full Steeda Suspension.

Yes or no on CCBs?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Bump!

I have a 2021 mustang GT PP1 Premium car. Looking at whether to add CCBs. Car is mainly a mountain cruiser/ maybe 1 or 2 autox events a year. I live in Wyoming, but the car will be in storage for the winter.

In terms of power, either an ESS G3 kit on low boost or just keep it FBO. Already has full Steeda Suspension.

Yes or no on CCBs?
Your use case is within the capability of the factory brakes with maybe a pad upgrade. That said, if you want great braking combined with almost permanently clean wheels, CCB's are for you. I haven't scrubbed a wheel with soap and water in the last three years, including track days. CCB brake pads last forever too, but with your use, iron brake pads will probably last pretty well too.

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
Your use case is within the capability of the factory brakes with maybe a pad upgrade. That said, if you want great braking combined with almost permanently clean wheels, CCB's are for you. I haven't scrubbed a wheel with soap and water in the last three years, including track days. CCB brake pads last forever too, but with your use, iron brake pads will probably last pretty well too.
I like the brembo brakes, but they are wayyy too heavy.

And yes. With CCBs i like the lack of brake fade and the lack of dust.

OP
OP

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I like the brembo brakes, but they are wayyy too heavy.

And yes. With CCBs i like the lack of brake fade and the lack of dust.
Good point on the weight - I run the heavy 30# OEM GT350 rims and I've got about the same, maybe a bit less, unsprung weight on the front than I'd have with factory brakes and GT350R CF rims. The rear is lighter too but about 7# heavier than rear CF rims would be. When I first ran the CCB's the weight effect was noticeable. Now I'm used to it - it's "normal".

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
Good point on the weight - I run the heavy 30# OEM GT350 rims and I've got about the same, maybe a bit less, unsprung weight on the front than I'd have with factory brakes and GT350R CF rims. The rear is lighter too but about 7# heavier than rear CF rims would be. When I first ran the CCB's the weight effect was noticeable. Now I'm used to it - it's "normal".
Yeah. The pp1 wheels are heavy, too. Gonna pick up apex wheels at some point
Sponsored