Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The concept of the GTD is awesome in my opinion. I've been wanting a Mustang with a rear transaxle for a while. And double wishbones are great. Too bad they couldn't make more of them and sell them to normal customers. Just equip the everyman version with a regular 5.0 and a manual transmission with aluminum or steel body panels, please.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
The concept of the GTD is awesome in my opinion. I've been wanting a Mustang with a rear transaxle for a while. And double wishbones are great. Too bad they couldn't make more of them and sell them to normal customers. Just equip the everyman version with a regular 5.0 and a manual transmission with aluminum or steel body panels, please.
Not anytime soon as rumor is they have 8,000+ inquiries for the $300,000 version. However, as the technology evolves and costs come down, who knows what they do in 10 years.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Was pretty cool being able to select the in-car camera from the #77 Proton team Mustang GT3 for the World Endurance Championship race this morning. Coverage wasn't great if you're more of a GT3 fan though, all the TV time is spent on the Hypercars. They're cool, but nothing beats "production based" sportscars like this Mustang and the ZO6 Vettes, 911 GT3 Porsches, etc.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Not anytime soon as rumor is they have 8,000+ inquiries for the $300,000 version. However, as the technology evolves and costs come down, who knows what they do in 10 years.
Regular GT with transmission instead of the back seats is all we need 😄 . Wishbones, no screens at all, minimal soundproofing. I'll even take a sloppy IRS, we'll fix it with aftermarket pucks.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And a few of those 8k are some of the YouTubers. StangChode and Speed Phenom are 2 that have said they’re applying. Chode just sold his drag car and is supposedly going to sell more stuff in an attempt to even be able to put a down payment on the car 🤦‍♂️. Not a fan of either of those guys

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have no issues with Ford if they choose to sell 8,000 or 10,000 of the carbon fiber, automatic transmission version. I think they could sell 10 times that many if they made a ~$100K vehicle with similar features and an NA V8.
Sponsored