Sponsored

GT Grille install

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
For those that have done this, do you need to remove the active grille shutters?
Sponsored

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I've been wondering the same thing. I remember searching and someone mentioned that you can install without removing the shutters, but that it was a tight fit. I don't mind removing the shutters, but I don't want the car to throw a code.

I did some more searching, but from what I was able to find, it seems like about 50% of the people who removed the shutters experienced the trouble code. The same was true when I took a look at the Focus ST forums. Can anyone confirm this for sure? I guess it's not a big deal if you have something that can clear the code, but if the code keeps coming back, it could be irritating.

Sponsored

KadenW23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White Ecoboost
It is not required to remove the shutters, but if you do, keep in mind that anything will be able to go through and hit your radiator and intercooler. so if you plan of doing the GT grille delete, you might want to order a mesh kit from customgrille's.com they make a kit specifically for people like us wanting to modify the GT grill. very easy to install. but to answer your question, no you will not have to remove them for the install.

I removed the shutters on mine and don't have any problems, and it didn't throw a code either.

4bangin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost deep impact blue
I did the whole thing in about a hour and a half. Not bad at all. Just dont forget the 2 -7mm bolts that hide on the corners of the bumper

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Well this is the 1st I've read that you don't have to remove the shutters with the GT Grills.

MY EB should be in any day now and it will have the non-matching ACC style lower grill due to the engine heater (which I'll never use).

Can't seem to find the Ford P/N for the "matching" EB/V6 lower grill, nor have I seen any for sale on e-bay.

The GT grills look so much better, but I did not want to loose the grill shutters so this is great news !!

Doug
Sponsored