Sponsored

GT 350 review from cnet/Roadshow today

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Was talking to this guy at a house party a few weeks ago, had my GT350 in the driveway. He was all about being a real car enthusiast and deciding on whether an AMG this or that. All the time I was curious why he not once mentioned the GT350 sitting outside until he said after a few drinks he kinda likes the new model Mustang, albeit a wannabe sports car. After I told him what it actually was he said he appreciated me for choosing the GT350.

So, in short.

1. many 'car enthusiasts' are actually only interested in the display of wealth (which a stang obviously is not)
2. such a person cannot distinguish a Mustang from a GT350
3. 4letterword them and let them brag about AMGs they don't actually own

So yes, I do get the remark about the looks in the review.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well edited, I'll say that much.

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
Was talking to this guy at a house party a few weeks ago, had my GT350 in the driveway. He was all about being a real car enthusiast and deciding on whether an AMG this or that. All the time I was curious why he not once mentioned the GT350 sitting outside until he said after a few drinks he kinda likes the new model Mustang, albeit a wannabe sports car. After I told him what it actually was he said he appreciated me for choosing the GT350.

So, in short.

1. many 'car enthusiasts' are actually only interested in the display of wealth (which a stang obviously is not)
2. such a person cannot distinguish a Mustang from a GT350
3. 4letterword them and let them brag about AMGs they don't actually own

So yes, I do get the remark about the looks in the review.
So, in my mind, there are "car guys" and guys who can afford cars. My 350 has shared garage with porsche, mclaren, AMG, ducati, BMW and a Raptor. A real car guy would have spotted your 350 a mile away, flipped a u-turn to check it out, taken some pics and sought you out for a conversation. I love my 350 and it may be the least expensive car I own... it sits near the top in fun factor though.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
We can tell the difference because we own mustangs, but most couldn't tell the difference. Some of my friends are very much car enthusiasts and I've been with them when a GT350 has pulled up and I've had to explain that it isn't the ordinary mustang. Other times a Mutang GT or lesser model has pulled up with a lot of added bits (stripes, wheels, hood, spoiler, exhaust, etc, etc) and I've had to explain that it is not the GT350.

I've never been a fan of people adding aftermarket appearance mods to make their car look like a different model of the same car. I think adding the R wing to a non-R is one of the best examples.

I do think Ford should have done more to differentiate the appearance between the Mustang GT and GT350 because they do look too similar.

Front Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I thought the video was a good review. I don't recall him saying anything negative about the GT350. Only praise. I could be off though.....
Sponsored