• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

GROUP BUY - Lower GT grille (U.S. Style) - New Batch (WAITING LIST)

Who's Keen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Who here in AU, is keen on getting the U.S. style GT lower grille?

Price -

1st Batch: ALL GONE!
[MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19543]msweet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14296]Melbnut[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15368]stinger[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13010]OzStangFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14954]thewolf[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18576]ssb[/MENTION]

1st Batch - [FULFILLED]

2nd Batch: ALL GONE!
[MENTION=20087]Hunter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17861]snake bite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18670]BKStang[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17971]beammeup[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19703]MaxQ[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22108]Cj42[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22151]fordtj69[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22928]Jarv23[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14293]G RUSH[/MENTION]
2nd Batch - [DELIVERED TO MELBOURNE [9/6/16], Will be organising shipping in next few days]

3rd Batch:
- [MENTION=14366]dave-[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=23916]VNE000[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=23324]GT 5L[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=17532]GGT-66[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=23535]CQYOTE[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=23629]Snakecharmer[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=21868]MM777[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=18670]BKStang[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=14907]PPPony[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=22739]mwhite1970[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=24353]mix 302[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=20087]Hunter[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=11431]aussierob[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=23627]BLKPONY[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=24869]BenM[/MENTION]

3rd Batch - 2 LEFT!

For Installation tips:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54709
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm in, I was just having a look on their site before and thinking the same thing

If there's enough interest we could even do a group buy for each city so we're not shipping round the country?

SnowyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Mustang GT
Good idea, not a fan of the lower grille we get, unfortunately I've already got one on the way... $15USD seems like cheap shipping!

OP
OP
2-STANG

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I'm in, I was just having a look on their site before and thinking the same thing

If there's enough interest we could even do a group buy for each city so we're not shipping round the country?
Yeah probably, or if there isnt, we can ship it to melbourne and I can send whatever has been ordered from a particular state to one person who can organise pick up with others around there. :thumbsup:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
The stock lower grille for those not in the know

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So we get the ACC type grille... Is ACC even an option on our cars?
Didn't see it listed.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
mine arrived last week otherwise id be in

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So we get the ACC type grille... Is ACC even an option on our cars?
Didn't see it listed.
Nope it's not, which is mildly annoying, same with blind spot assist/cross traffic thingo

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nope it's not, which is mildly annoying, same with blind spot assist/cross traffic thingo
So they've given us an ugly grille for no reason whatsoever. Yeah, I can see how that makes sense. :headbonk:

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
First mod I ordered. Can't stand our grille. Here is an awesome video on how to take off the front end and install a new grille:

It's from a forum user in the US section. I'll also be installing my blackout pony and Blingworks LEDs while the fronts off. Should make it a lot easier!

Sponsored

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Who here in AU, is keen on getting the U.S. style GT lower grille?

Thinking of doing a group buy if people are keen with Levittown Ford.

$63 USD = ~ $85 after paypal currency conversion (I am sure we may get a further discount if there are a lot of us purchasing.
$15 USD each = ~$20 (From U.S. to AU)
$20-$25 AUD shipping within Australia (OR Pick up if in melbourne)

So for those interstate or would like shipping within Australia aswell, all up it would be around $130AUD shipped. For those picking up, it would be $105AUD shipped. Obviously this is subjective to how many people would be in for the group buy.

Yep I'm in - I've always been disappointed with how much we lost on our version of the car.

The lower grill is butt ugly so would be very glad to get rid of.

Well done for organising

OP
OP
2-STANG

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I have just put an order through for 9 lower grille's, 2 are for me. So there is a total of 7 available! 6 people have already said yes, but it's first come first serve as I have already paid for them.
It comes to 105$AUD each (including shipping to Aus, after credit card fees etc)
I will message you all individually (those who have clicked yes) with PayPal details to transfer money. Cheers

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate! :cheers:

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Hey guys, thought this information would be helpful to you as well. [MENTION=13439]FrozenPea[/MENTION] sent it to me as he recently did his lower grille install and we had been talking about it a while back. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing it.

He said:

I fitted the lower grille this week. Looks a million times better than the piece of crap we get!

A few tips, which will make more sense when you come to do it, but didn't seem to get mentioned anywhere that I read:

Taking the front bumper off is a major pain in the arse because of 2x small bolts in the most retarded place ever - helps to have one person hold the shroud back from the wheel well while the other works the socket wrench.

Getting the original grille out is even worse. The clips (which you'll be able to see on your part) almost all need to come out simultaneously and the tabs on the bumper are painted so they are extra tight. I used a bunch of long flat head screw drivers. It's a 2 man job.

Clipping the new grille in is the worst part! Because nose of the bumper is slightly pointed it's hard to get enough pressure to clip the middle clips down. I can't really remember how we got it in, but it involved a lot of swearing.

Also - there's some flexi conduit that runs across the bumper (for the explosive bonnet sensors I think?) which you need to demount from the stock grille before removing it. The US grille doesn't have the mounting holes for it. I just stuck it under the membrane piece that sits between upper and lower grille and cable tied it.

I then asked about the install compared to the video I posted above and the conduit he was talking about and he elaborated and drew up this sketch which is pretty helpful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ijokHnju9IdXI2RFlJRThoTVU/view?pref=2&pli=1

He said:

It's almost the same, but it doesn't show the extra cable for the front impact sensors. There is some slack on it, once you get the bumper lifted off you can bring it forward a few inches and disconnect it easily. You just want to be aware it's there so you don't yank it out and damage it.

Here's a crude drawing, the purple is the flexi conduit with the connector on the driver side. It was fixed into mounting holes on the stock lower grille which aren't there on the US grille, so I tucked it (green) under that center plastic piece and cable tied (yellow) it through the holes to keep it from knocking around in there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.