Sponsored

Grill lights install help

Ss550h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
how-to-power-grille-light-kit1.jpg

I want to install led strip grill lights on my 2015 s550. I have no idea where to pass the wires from the engine bay to the interior of the vehicle. There are two options for power given in this led kit link for reference. A 12v adapter and a direct fuse tap. Would it be easier to wire the fuse tap or thw 12v adapter. And with that how would i do that. Pictures to aid me would be great any help suggestions are appreciated. I have no money to have this done professionally. Thanks. The kit is mad by Opt-7.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
For added lighting, you should always use a direct-to-battery connection for power. You can involve a relay to ensure that the lighting only turns on if the car is on, and for that a fuse tap into an accessory-on power source is acceptable. There should be fuses just after the + connection for all wiring involved.

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I want to install led strip grill lights on my 2015 s550. I have no idea where to pass the wires from the engine bay to the interior of the vehicle. There are two options for power given in this led kit link for reference. A 12v adapter and a direct fuse tap. Would it be easier to wire the fuse tap or thw 12v adapter. And with that how would i do that. Pictures to aid me would be great any help suggestions are appreciated. I have no money to have this done professionally. Thanks. The kit is mad by Opt-7.

Fuse tap would be way easier. I used to own a Jeep JK and changed to LED Halo light which I had to use a fuse tap. The only down side compare to switch type is that you have no ability to control it, I mean if you want to turn it off during driving, you CANT.

The up side is that you don't have to deal with all the wiring and drilling holes for the switch.

:)

OP
OP

Ss550h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Re:

Fuse tap would be way easier. I used to own a Jeep JK and changed to LED Halo light which I had to use a fuse tap. The only down side compare to switch type is that you have no ability to control it, I mean if you want to turn it off during driving, you CANT.

The up side is that you don't have to deal with all the wiring and drilling holes for the switch.

:)
The kit comes with a remote controll for on and off control

OP
OP

Ss550h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
For added lighting, you should always use a direct-to-battery connection for power. You can involve a relay to ensure that the lighting only turns on if the car is on, and for that a fuse tap into an accessory-on power source is acceptable. There should be fuses just after the + connection for all wiring involved.
Can i do that type of install with the wires they provided me with?
Sponsored