Sponsored

Grill Delete

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
Any negatives to a grill delete? can any harm be done to the car by opening it up with no grill? :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Not 100% certain but IMO doing a grill delete or removing the honeycomb mesh will actually hurt cooling. Believe of not, Ford does put alot of thought into airflow and cooling. Take for example the GT350's grill. The center opening is about 50% of the grill size and it was mentioned in a Youtube video that this was done on purpose to maximize cooling and airflow. They designed certain areas to be blocked off so they can direct airflow in the correct path. Dremeling off these areas would probably be counterproductive from what they originally designed it to do. But hey, who knows if it actually makes a difference in day to day driving or not. Do the delete and just watch your temps.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
The only issue is more bugs to clean out of the grille :D

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
My Temps have definitely dropped since switching to the rtr upper and lower and they are very "open". The 13/14 GT500 went to an open grill to improve cooling. I'm pretty sure the "closed" grills are to improve high speed aerodynamics and eek out MPGs.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% certain but IMO doing a grill delete or removing the honeycomb mesh will actually hurt cooling. Believe of not, Ford does put alot of thought into airflow and cooling. Take for example the GT350's grill. The center opening is about 50% of the grill size and it was mentioned in a Youtube video that this was done on purpose to maximize cooling and airflow. They designed certain areas to be blocked off so they can direct airflow in the correct path. Dremeling off these areas would probably be counterproductive from what they originally designed it to do. But hey, who knows if it actually makes a difference in day to day driving or not. Do the delete and just watch your temps.

Actually from my understanding its more about Aero and MPG.
Sponsored