Sponsored

Gradual Build for Power

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I am fairly new to the forum and have been trying to wrap my head around the infinite different ways you can build power with our platforms. It seems there are pros and cons to nearly all the power adders available from the many suppliers who work closely with the forum.

I have slowly started my build with the common first steps, MBRP Street Cat Back, Roush Cold Air Intake various transmission mounts shifters from Boomba, and I am ready to get into the bigger power out there.

My questions to you guys are the following

What Injectors and plugs can I run safely on a new tune for a few months-year before I add a power adder (at the moment I am leaning towards a stage 2 Procharger)

Is there any reason I cant install a BAP and Thermostat with a tune also in preperation for the eventual power adder?

Tuners also being equally as important with the parts, I have been leaning closest to an Ngauge and Lund tune do to their continued reputation for quality tunes and customer service, but I am open to all options

As you can tell the goal is to have the car ready in as many ways possible for when I can bite the bullet and pull for the power adder tuner kit without throwing money away on mods I will not use( Other than the intake)

I will also be keeping my eyes on the forum for deals on suspension and other supporting mods to come in as those are also imporant for putting the power down safely

Hopefully this information can be helpful for others who are also looking to continuously build on their mustangs without breaking the bank on the first order.

Thanks for all the help
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not sure about your particular questions, but have you thought about upgrading the power transfer items? In particular the driveshaft and halfshafts.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Dave I have a set of Steeda Sport Linear springs I am going to post for sale and I am local to you.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Dave i would not add injectors, BAP, or plugs until installing the procharger(good choice btw). Plugs will offer zero benefit, prob even lose power. Injectors mean tuning for them with again zero benefit. BAP again zero benefit.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
A paxton kit is hard to beat if you are looking for budget friendly power with room to grow.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/fo...-ford-mustang-gt/supercharger-upgrades/paxton

OPG / crank sprocket will be your weak points.
Add half shafts and the mt82 to the list once you add traction.

There is no point in having a BAP on an all motor car. Save the parts needed, and have them installed with the supercharger.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
For preparation to a Procharger you can take car of cooling (oil cooler, radiador stuff, thermostat), maybe port your manifold and heads, do headers and cat deletes (very effective for an SC).

You can do the OPG, which eventually you'll need. Transmission stuff, you can do an oil swap (another all pros no cons mod), steeda spring and shifter bushing/FTBR bracket if you don't plan on going MGW or so. If you're really durability minded, change out the clutch for something more power adder friendly.

Suspension and diff stuff, there's plenty to do here...:cheers:

OP
OP
Davepurp

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I guess I can thank BeefcakeRacing for changing around all my plans in a matter of hours, now all I have to do is wait till I can afford the supporting mods on my new procharger II tuner kit so I can get it installed. Until then I will have it sitting in a box.

You guys have been very helpful so far suggesting supporting mods that I will eventually need to do, is there any particular order to these?

Obviously OPG, and Engine Mods are first if I want to even run the car safely, but when it gets to suspension and putting the power done. Should half shafts and transmission prep come before tires and suspension to prevent damage?

My original plan was to run the stock PP tires and clutch until they burned out and upgrade at that point, but if I run the risk of losing an axle I will make sure that makes it on the to do list first.

Just an FYI I plan on running 600hp max to the wheels for a while until the car is ready for more.

Thanks again

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I guess I can thank BeefcakeRacing for changing around all my plans in a matter of hours, now all I have to do is wait till I can afford the supporting mods on my new procharger II tuner kit so I can get it installed. Until then I will have it sitting in a box.

You guys have been very helpful so far suggesting supporting mods that I will eventually need to do, is there any particular order to these?

Obviously OPG, and Engine Mods are first if I want to even run the car safely, but when it gets to suspension and putting the power done. Should half shafts and transmission prep come before tires and suspension to prevent damage?

My original plan was to run the stock PP tires and clutch until they burned out and upgrade at that point, but if I run the risk of losing an axle I will make sure that makes it on the to do list first.

Just an FYI I plan on running 600hp max to the wheels for a while until the car is ready for more.

Thanks again
Tires are the most important thing ever...but if you're putting power down like a madman, I'll do them last. Slicks and drag radials are quite stressful on half shafts and stuff. You won't lose an axle on stock tires.

There's no reason why you can't do other mods concurrently, stuff like suspension, half shafts, differential bushings, etc. could be done at any time without any detriment.

For me it's more of a convenience thing...if you tear down the front fascia, might as well do all of your engine mods, do all your IRS and differential stuff if your bringing down the subframe.

OP
OP
Davepurp

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If I keep my rev limiter at or below 7,000 RPM do I run severe risk of damaging the OPG's? Or can I run an ATI Damper?

I am by no means trying to put temporary bandaids on my build, but again just trying to avoid stacked expensive installs

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
N/A up to 7,500 is ok. After adding blower I would stay below 7,000 until opg upgraded.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
A few people have tried damper only and reved to 7k with fi and lost the opg and did a bit of damage. Its only a matter of time till they go out when you add boost. Unless you plan on building it back up again or have money to burn replace the oil pump gears and crank timing gear, add damper when you can after

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I highly suggest a BMR cradle lockout kit.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There is nothing wrong with installing the Procharger first and having some fun!
Sponsored