Gowring's of Reading event - 11th February

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
I got an email invite on Friday with a word document attached. This follows an email & phone call from the dealership a few days before - apparently I had registered my interest in buying a Mustang :lol:

Probably on the back of my request for a brochure.
Okay, so thanks for that.

So having ordered my car through my local Ford dealer (how dare I!!!) who ordered through Gowrings of Reading (& subsequently been told "not to contact them directly"), it seems that my ridiculous assumption that they might of invited me through my local dealer was misplaced.

I am therefore to date: annoyed, a little upset, disappointed, surprised (but also not surprised). & I've never even spoken to them or been to the dealer yet!
Still, you never know, assuming that I am welcomed when I arrive, I may be pleasantly surprised by the whole affair.

This could be interesting.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Got an email invite through at 1930 this evening. Less than a week to go.

Good job Gowrings. :lol:
At least their consistent with their message delivery............................:doh: Any buyers with these guys, you might turn up and see your car there being oogled at by forum members!:lol:

No, jokes aside, it sounds like a great event, and, if i wasn't busy, or a typical youth who loves his sleep, i'd be down there taking a peak at all the cars!

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I too received the "formal" invite last night. I have confirmed that I will be attending - in my GT - and will make every effort to be there, assuming that work doesn't throw something at me at the last moment :D

Sponsored

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
I got the invite last night too, but sadly won't be able to make it as I'll be up in Manchester next week - damn shame, as I wanted to get a feel for Gowrings to see if they'd be good for servicing - seems like the general impression of them is not good!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not actually sure what they have planned though.

The email was just asking me to confirm my attendance.
Food, Andy Barratt, Mustangs, Forum members, Maybe a raffle to win a GT350(This last one is a total lie):first:.

And what do Gowrings hope to get out of it? Sales, sales & sales, some customer rep etc. :lol:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I got the invite last night too, but sadly won't be able to make it as I'll be up in Manchester next week - damn shame, as I wanted to get a feel for Gowrings to see if they'd be good for servicing - seems like the general impression of them is not good!
I only registered an interest via this forum (as mentioned in the original post by @TwinTurbo) so I guess I won't get an invitation. Gowrings haven't posted anything up to let anyone know what is happening, but it seems like they struggle to keep their own customers informed never mind internet 'strangers'.

If Andy Barratt is going to be there and planning to hang around to answer questions I might well go (assuming I can turn up without an invitation?). If he isn't then I probably won't.

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
..... If Andy Barratt is going to be there and planning to hang around to answer questions I might well go (assuming I can turn up without an invitation?). If he isn't then I probably won't.
Not confirmed that Mr Barratt will be there - when we met with Phillipe last Saturday he was not updated on the plan. Phillipe did say he is planning to attend though.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not confirmed that Mr Barratt will be there - when we met with Phillipe last Saturday he was not updated on the plan. Phillipe did say he is planning to attend though.
Well, someone high up from ford will be there, as of the time of the event, i doubt 'strangers' would not be invited, just maybe, don't expect a parking spot with the mustangs if you do turn up uninvited, but i assume the dealership will still be open as usual so you could still go down :D

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure why I should be doing their marketing for them but I just received the email below (a particular highlight being the spanish food on offer as the engines are built in Valencia :lol:):

Hello,

My name is Lee Allum and I am the new Vignale Relationship Manager at Gowrings Ford, Reading.

Part of this role is based on looking after the new Ford Mustang and its associated customer base.

As an enthusiast of the Mustang, be it through an enquiry, a purchased vehicle or a passing interest, I am pleased to offer you a personal invite to our much anticipated event for the Mustang at our dealership in Reading, Berks. We are using it as an opportunity for people from all walks of life to come and view and discuss the cars, its history and impact it has had over the years as an American icon of the road.

We have a wonderful collection of both new and historical Mustangs joining us for the evening for your viewing pleasure. The members of the local Mustang Owners Club and Community have very kindly offered their cars and support for this very special evening as well as providing us with invaluable knowledge of owning these wonderful machines. They will be here to answer any questions you may have regarding technical issues and the experience as a whole.

There will be Spanish flavoured refreshments provided in honour of the Mustangs engine being built in Valencia. A nice touch I’m sure you’ll agree.

We will also have a fantastic image display on the exterior of the showroom that really needs to be seen to be believed!

There will be an introduction from our UK Managing Director, Andy Barrett to start proceedings as well as various members of the Sales Team and technical department on hand should you require any assistance.

We will, of course be able to take orders on the night should you wish to do so as well as the option to join the Mustang Owners Community to make the whole ownership experience that little bit extra special. Test drives will not take place on the night but we are more than happy to book an appointment for one in the future should you wish to do so.

The event is being held at:

Gowrings of Reading,

160 Basingstoke Road

Reading, Berkshire

RG2 0HJ

Thursday 11th February @ 6pm-9pm

I sincerely hope you are able to make it and I look forward to meeting you in person on arrival.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
We will also have a fantastic image display on the exterior of the showroom that really needs to be seen to be believed!
Eva Herzigova...Hello Boys...d'ya think?...no?...ah well...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
And bingo, they're doing it for sales

We will, of course be able to take orders on the night should you wish to do so as well as the option to join the Mustang Owners Community to make the whole ownership experience that little bit extra special. Test drives will not take place on the night but we are more than happy to book an appointment for one in the future should you wish to do so.

Was the engine built in valencia? I vaguley remember reading something about this or hearing it...

And no, the image will be a giant mural of Andy in a convertible mustang doing this :headbang:. As he said, seen to be believed!

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And bingo, they're doing it for sales

!
Why would you expect anything else? it is a marketing exercise - and as customers we should understand that. Given the issues we've all had on delivery, I think that it is good that Ford UK are doing something to try to build a better relationship with the community - and you can't blame them for wanting to promote and sell their product. They are a commercial enterprise after all.
Sponsored