Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hi all

I'm actually posting this on behalf of another member, Cookie, who has a Deep Impact Blue GT on order with Gowring's of Reading. Cookie had been liaising with them to organise a special Mustang event.

Now, I know a few of you have orders in with that dealer, so hopefully you'll be interested. Also note, Mr Barratt will be in attendance :)

===============================================

Calling all local members or owners, including those interested in or who have already ordered a new UK specification RHD Ford Mustang. We’ve been invited by 'Gowrings of Reading' to attend and participant-in a special social event they are holding for all new, existing and potential customers of the S550 Mustang.

If you’re in or around the West Berkshire area and you’re free on 11th February from 6pm onward, please feel free to come along and take part. If you choose to brave the weather and bring your Mustang as well, it’ll given pride of place on the forecourt in the dedicated Mustang owners display area and might make a great photo opportunity.

There will be a brief introduction and chance to talk with Andy Barrett, the Chairman and Managing Director of Ford Britain. As well as various members of the Ford UK and Gowrings Sales and Technical departments being on hand should you wish to ask any questions, or find out more about the new Mustang and other Ford models.

There will also be food (which always a crowd pleaser), video presentations, light displays and other interesting attractions (not wishing to give too much away), including a chance to get up-close and personal with the new cars. Unfortunately test-drives won’t be available on the night, but the team at Gowrings is happy to book future appointments should you wish to test the mettle of the new model in the future. If you’ve not driven one yet, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

Where:
Gowrings of Reading
160 Basingstoke Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0HJ
0118 402 4297
http://www.citymotorholdings.co.uk/ford/find-us/gowrings-ford-reading/

When:
11th February 2016, 6pm onward.

How:
Please either reply to this thread to register your interest/attendance. Or if you prefer, contact Lee Allum at 'Gowrings of Reading' directly referencing this thread.

Sponsored

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
True to form - I hear this from a source OTHER than the dealer (Gowrings) :frusty:

Trust me, I'll be there if only to let Andy know what a shocking franchise they have.

Why the hell has Cookie had to organise it? They were making noises about doing 'something special' for order placers ages ago. Typically it seems they've done sod all about it until a customer prompts them.

Word of advice for anyone who has yet to place an order and will come along, think long and hard (and do your research) before ordering through them.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
True to form - I hear this from a source OTHER than the dealer (Gowrings) :frusty:
Haha.....I've said to Cookie I bet this is the first Gowring's customers will have heard of it!

The event was an idea Matt had several months back. We actually paid a visit to the then dealer principal to float the idea and he kicked it off. It's then been in the hands of one of their Marketing people. Admittedly, we did say we'd use the forums to spread the word.

Cookie has confirmed Gowrings WILL be sending out personal invites to their customers, so keep an eye on your email/postbox!

Still, hopefully it'll be a good event and a chance to catch-up :)

Last edited:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Trust me, I'll be there if only to let Andy know what a shocking franchise they have.

Why the hell has Cookie had to organise it? They were making noises about doing 'something special' for order placers ages ago. Typically it seems they've done sod all about it until a customer prompts them.

Word of advice for anyone who has yet to place an order and will come along, think long and hard (and do your research) before ordering through them.
Yep.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha.....I've said to Cookie I bet this is the first Gowring's customers will have heard of it!

The event was an idea Matt had several months back. We actually paid a visit to the then dealer principal to float the idea and he kicked it off. It's then been in the hands of one of their Marketing people. Admittedly, we did say we'd use the forums to spread the word.

Cookie has confirmed Gowrings WILL be sending out personal invites to their customers, so keep an eye on your email/postbox!

Still, hopefully it'll be a good event and a chance to catch-up :)
Indeed. Would be good to see you there and a few other familiar faces no doubt (and some new ones?).

Sounds like Cookie has gone for same spec as me? Did he go with Custom Pack? I see they had a DIB car there with it fitted - nice of them to let me know so I could see what I was getting..... :frusty: :doh:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This looks good - should be able to make it :) be nice to actually meet Andy Barratt in person.

Funnily enough I just got a voicemail from Lee Allum! Not sure how he got my contact details but I think he wants to sell me another Mustang :lol: tempted!

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sounds like Cookie has gone for same spec as me? Did he go with Custom Pack?
No Custom Pack (but went with Nav etc) and an autobox. I'm really hoping depreciation is huge on these........so I can buy it off him in 2 or 3 years :lol:

Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'13 Boss 302
Thanks for posting the event TT...:thumbsup:

I realise that many us feel a bit like...:headbonk: with the whole RHD S550 buying experience, but hopefully this is an excuse to get a few people together, talk about all things Mustang and maybe even talk to those who can hopefully help (and give answers?). Lets see, I guess it'll be what we make it...:shrug:

stiggy said:
Sounds like Cookie has gone for same spec as me? Did he go with Custom Pack?
Fastback, GT, Auto, DIB, parking sensors, climate seats and Sat Nav.

I preferred the look of the GT with black wheels, looks a little more performance orientated.

Auto!!!! :eyebulge:
Yeah, this will be a daily driver (yes, 5.0L V8 daily driver...:crazy:). Besides...:gossip:... I've already got a '13 Boss 302 I can row gears in...:D

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting the event TT...:thumbsup:

I realise that many us feel a bit like...:headbonk: with the whole RHD S550 buying experience, but hopefully this is an excuse to get a few people together, talk about all things Mustang and maybe even talk to those who can hopefully help (and give answers?). Lets see, I guess it'll be what we make it...:shrug:

Fastback, GT, Auto, DIB, parking sensors, climate seats and Sat Nav.

I preferred the look of the GT with black wheels, looks a little more performance orientated.

Yeah, this will be a daily driver (yes, 5.0L V8 daily driver...:crazy:). Besides...:gossip:... I've already got a '13 Boss 302 I can row gears in...:D
Nice one.

So you went for something that looked more performance oriented - then chose an auto box :frusty:

Just kidding :thumbsup: :lol:

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Count me in. Be nice to see a few of you

Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'13 Boss 302
Nice one.

So you went for something that looked more performance oriented - then chose an auto box :frusty:

Just kidding :thumbsup: :lol:
LOL... yeah. Although it's still a 400hp+ Mustang GT... :D

At least it isn't quite like one of those old Peugeot 306 diesels, that had the same bodykit and wheels as the GTi6. Everyone thought they were the nuts, until you started it up...:eek:

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
I hope to be attending this event, But not in my Mustang. I only ordered mine mid August...

And who is Lee Allum? I'm dealing with Stuart Baker at Gowrings...

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hmm. not received any news, and I am picking up my car from there tomorrow!

/Mark
Sponsored