Sponsored

Got my car back from dealer for P0300 PCM reprogram.

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
I have owned the car since March 2015, built in February, light came on at 500 mile mark going up a hill, stayed on till I got car tuned, the tune disabled the check engine light till car had about 4848 miles this month, light came back on after a rough idle, the idle calmed as car reached operating temp, but rough idle continued after cold starts but would always calm down when warm.
I had read about the dealer fix for this issue which is done by a reprogram of PCM, so took it in yesterday after having removed custom tune earlier this week, and replaced to stock, they called today said everything was good please pick up, I was surprised to find that the car felt completely different than before, as I took it up a long freeway on ramp, first and second felt strong to begin with, but bogged down in middle range of rpms, 3rd was a little better but still boggy in middle, as I reached 4th it opened up a bit, but their is a weird feel to car for sure, was wondering if anyone who has had this reprogram done has felt this as well, I also thought, I wonder if Ford has reprogrammed these earlier 2015-16 cars with a serious cut in power to prevent any blown motors, your experience or ideas with this are greatly appreciated, also I will be putting custom tune back on car and see how she feels, thanks
Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I knew I wasn't effing crazy lol.... They reprogrammed mine when they replaced the oil separator and turbo assembly. I got the car back and felt so damn slow. I thought Maybe they put 87 in or something but when I put 91 in it still felt a lot slower. Then I realized it was only making 17-18psi on the new ford tune. Car is tuned by Lund now and couldn't be happier :)

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Yup I really think Fords trying to cover themselves from possible engine blow outs, I guess it's expensive to pull engines to replace weak piston parts, so the solution is to reprogram with less aggressive tune, I'm going to tune mine anyway, but I'm saving up for a properly built motor.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Yup I really think Fords trying to cover themselves from possible engine blow outs, I guess it's expensive to pull engines to replace weak piston parts, so the solution is to reprogram with less aggressive tune, I'm going to tune mine anyway, but I'm saving up for a properly built motor.
Yea if they did and one of the tuners takes a look at it we might have a class action lawsuit case.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Sounds interesting, I'll talk to my tuner and see what he says.

Sponsored

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
Do some pulls 0-60 or 1/4 mile and let us know how the times come out? I would be interested to see if the results are slower by a measurable amount.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Do some pulls 0-60 or 1/4 mile and let us know how the times come out? I would be interested to see if the results are slower by a measurable amount.
Not a bad idea, will run some this Sunday see what I get, yesterday on way back from dealer, a guy in a big new four door Honda pulled up wanting to race, and blew me away, as my car suffocated mid rpms in first gear, couldn't believe it, thank god for custom tunes.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Yea if they did and one of the tuners takes a look at it we might have a class action lawsuit case.
Asked my tuner about this, he said there is no way he can look into dealer tune, but does not mean we can't find someone who has a stock car without dealer reprogram due to chk eng light, and compare 0-60 times, and possibly dyno runs, stock non reprogram, vs stock no reprogram, pia, but would be interesting.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
So did three pulls with car today, this is what I got 8.8, 8.4, and 7.8 was best time, so I have to thank ford for a restrictive reprogram, first and second has a power loss reaching mid rpms, then it seems to open up a little, well I'm going to wait to get new V2 turbo and pipes installed before tuning again

nolezack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM Performance Pack
8.8 Second 0-60............... seems stupid high. Are you checking boost at WoT? 20ish PSI?

Sponsored
OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Yeah it's a dog right now, and the boost is one thing I did not keep an eye on, unfortunately I'm in middle of getting V2 turbo installed, and tuned so I won't really know what dealer did to boost, but I'm sure with what I saw they tamed everything on the car, when it was tuned the car felt like it came unhinged in first and second.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
just posting to follow the discussion. interesting hmm
Sponsored