Got CEL P2BF1

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Sup forum.. Let me start by saying I have done a little research for this code on here and the internet in general. I read what was posted and checked the few things that was said to check. My car is Whippled, and its been on the car for around 15K miles now. Tuned and has ran good since getting the car done. Out of nowhere in this past 2 weeks i have thrown this P2BF1 code three times in the span of 300 miles. I cleared the first one after checking my injectors for wetness around them, the catch cans, my airbox, and any rips or tears on any of my vaccum lines. The second time i called my mech dropped it off, he said he found a vaccum leak around the fuel pressure regulator and fixed it. Didnt find any other issues. So up to speed the third one popped this morning on my way in to work. Same code. Anybody ever have this issue and solve what it was. My next coarse of action in my mind is a refresh tune... Or is it something else i can do. Car runs great still just hate seeing that CEL on my dash.
Sponsored

OP
OP
19gtMD

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
So for about 500 miles now i have been CEL free. I think i figured out my issue. I have a buddy who fixes and builds mustangs for a living, who i told my issue to. He told me to actually take a look at my #7 and #8 spark plugs. Literally the same day he told me that i popped another cell P0300, and P0308. With that i pulled my #8 checked it against all the rest. It did look different, but i couldn't tell you off of looking which was bad or even which was worse. So i changed all my plugs because i didn't want to change just one. I have not had an issue since then. Knocking on wood, and crossing my fingers.