Sponsored

Good roads - the N. Texas edition

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
So yesterday, the wife says to me "hey the kids are both working, so let's go for a ride"... So I googled around for some good roads, and came across this site:

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tx_north.html

it has several roads listed - some of which look pretty good. So we tried out the FM51 road - and it was quite a bit of fun. The section closer to 67 has alot of tight curves and elevation changes with a 45 mph speed limit, further north it has larger sweepers with a 70 mph limit. If you look at the comments for it, one is a video of the road on there going north from 67 (the fun starts around 2:40 or so)

Anyways - thought I would share this info, and also see if others had experience with any of the other roads (or any other recommendations).

:cheers:
Sponsored

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby 350GT - Race Red w/ White Stripes
Wow thanks for that info! I live in Flower Mound so it would not be too far to head up that way. I have been looking for a good stretch of road to drive. With all the work on I35E and around this area I get nervous taking it out in that traffic and road conditions.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Wow thanks for that info! I live in Flower Mound so it would not be too far to head up that way. I have been looking for a good stretch of road to drive. With all the work on I35E and around this area I get nervous taking it out in that traffic and road conditions.
The default map that showed up (FM455) on the link is not the one he is talking about. FM51 is down near Glenrose.

I was on FM455 on Saturday, but that was to go to Eagle's Canyon Raceway to instruct at their trackday.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I drive 51 between Weatherford and Decatur a lot. It's a great road for a cruise.

Sponsored

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Highway 59 from St Jo to Bowie to Jacksboro is a great stretch of road. You'll want a radar detector though.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I have another ride out side of Dallas TX that I think is better IMO...when I was a member of the Ferrari club we drove on this 60 mile rally beautiful and nice curves.( I will share later..lol)..We will go on this drive when I have my party...drive first, then drinking !! 2 weeks to go to get the build started.....!!!

XXXmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Ecoboost
Highway 59 from St Jo to Bowie to Jacksboro is a great stretch of road. You'll want a radar detector though.
2nd that! Beware of night driving too, coyotes n deer test your reflexes
Sponsored