Sponsored

Going thru o2 sensors like water...

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
i keep going thru o2 sensors in my 15. Its a stock turbo and exhaust includes, CVFab catless downtube/midpipe and roush the rest of the way out back. I replaced the o2 sensor about 2000 miles ago and at the end of last season got codes for it again. p0036 p0137 p06B8 previously i replaced it a couple years ago for similar codes this is the third one in about 4 years, and 5-6000 miles. im sure its due to the catless dp but it gets annoying having to do this almost yearly.

so anyone got a suggestion on a "better" more durable sensor?? last ones were just autozone replacements
Sponsored

Sundyrse59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Convertible EcoBoost Premium
Do you use AM/PM gasoline? I have owned a ford 4.0, 4.6, 5.4, 5.0, and 2.3t. Every last one of them fouled 0.2 sensors with that rotten blend of fuel. It is not the fuel, our fuel all comes from the same lines, it is the additives that are introduced in that rotten brand.

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Have you tried using a Defouler device on your O2 sensors? For a coupe bucks it's probably worth a shot.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
We used to clean them on our race engines that ran leaded fuel w/ a 4 wire O2 sensor thats were not designed for lead additive to begin with. Its not a very long lasting endeavor, but those Bosch brand sensors were spendy. This may be of little help, but you might decide to try.

We used a cleaning chemical where the carrier agent drys without leaving a residue. So not anything with any lubricity properties in it, or w/o full evaporation on its own, when drying.

Any idea who builds the Autozone brand for them? Can you get a Bosch brand in your area?
Sponsored