Getting new tires fiasco

OP
OP

Ravnoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I've seen someone complain about the clunking sound only to find that the tire shop put the rear wheels (9.5'') on front and due to the backspace it was hitting on another component. Since it only happens when you're turning, I think this may be your issue.

Your suspension isn't going to be damaged from that little amount of curb rash. If it were a worse impact, maybe, but as it looks it didn't do much of anything.

https://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustan...gt-source-of-mysterious-noise-identified.html
That would take a special kind of stupid ;). However it would make a lot of sense, as it would explain how they managed to damage both my front rims. They only damaged one side of the car prior to doing any changes, but then put the wheels back on incorrectly which is why now it appears both my front rims are damaged, instead of a front and back rim.
Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
That would take a special kind of stupid ;). However it would make a lot of sense, as it would explain how they managed to damage both my front rims. They only damaged one side of the car prior to doing any changes, but then put the wheels back on incorrectly which is why now it appears both my front rims are damaged, instead of a front and back rim.
I'd almost bet on it if that statement is correct. If they damaged one side, it would be one 9" and one 9.5" damaged meaning that you now have two different width front wheels :doh:

OP
OP

Ravnoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd almost bet on it if that statement is correct. If they damaged one side, it would be one 9" and one 9.5" damaged meaning that you now have two different width front wheels :doh:
If this is indeed the case, I am not going to give up on having them pay for my rims just yet. Over the phone the service manager confirmed that the technicians notice the damage on both front rims prior starting the work. If however they managed to switch up the front and rear tires I can easily proof that this statement is a blatant lie.

OP
OP

Ravnoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were right on the money. Just checked the car; I have one 9" up front and one 9,5". The 9.5" was on the left side as expected. Unfortunately they also put the wrong tires on the rim. So now I have one 9" with 255, one 9" with 275, one 9,5" with 255 and one 9,5" with 275. So I can't switch them myself..

If you can't get something as simple as switching tires right..

Anyone know what exactly the damage can be of having the 9,5" mounted up front without spacers? I have already driven 1,5 hour with it, and will need to drive another 45 minutes to get back to the dealership. Want to make sure I am not doing any irrevocable damage.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
If this is indeed the case, I am not going to give up on having them pay for my rims just yet. Over the phone the service manager confirmed that the technicians notice the damage on both front rims prior starting the work. If however they managed to switch up the front and rear tires I can easily proof that this statement is a blatant lie.
When they said they noticed damage on both front wheels, did they mean the 9 and 9.5 they put in the front? Or do both 9s have damage?

OP
OP

Ravnoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When they said they noticed damage on both front wheels, did they mean the 9 and 9.5 they put in the front? Or do both 9s have damage?
I let the service manager know I had damage on both front rims. The service manager later called me saying that the technicians said that they noticed the damage on both front tires before they commenced work.

However, that is factually impossible because the damaged wheels have a 9" and a 9.5" rim. They never were both up front, not until after they started working on them and they misplaced them. Ergo the technicians can never have seen two damaged rims up front prior to starting the work.

So I am just speculating now but I believe the technicians bloody well know they damaged my wheels and are now lying. To0 bad that their other mistake, of putting the wheel on the wrong side of the car, and putting the wrong tire on the wrong rim, is clearly biting them in the behind right now as I can clearly proof they are making things up.
Sponsored