Sponsored

General wisdom: How costly and doable is changing just the steering response or anything else independently? Likely new owner.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
front and rear Bumper gaps are too large on the passenger side, and there’s a black sponge sticking out on top of the rear bumper. What is this all about?
Unfortunately this is common, it's actually quite rare to see one without those issues and if you do, it's likely been fixed at some point after purchase.

Rear right side is very common, I parked between a 19 and a 21 (or 22) at weekend, mines a 20, and we all have the identical right rear gap.

I assume the 'sponge' you refer to is under the taillight / on top of the bumper ? If so, I believe that's to help taillight positioning during initial assembly (yes, they still need more help). If they do poke out, I don't think there is an issue with carefully removing them (which I have done so they don't hold dampness or dirt).

WD :like:
Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Unfortunately this is common, it's actually quite rare to see one without those issues and if you do, it's likely been fixed at some point after purchase.

Rear right side is very common, I parked between a 19 and a 21 (or 22) at weekend, mines a 20, and we all have the identical right rear gap.

I assume the 'sponge' you refer to is under the taillight / on top of the bumper ? If so, I believe that's to help taillight positioning during initial assembly (yes, they still need more help). If they do poke out, I don't think there is an issue with carefully removing them (which I have done so they don't hold dampness or dirt).

I've never heard or seen this before. I'd love to see pics.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard or seen this before. I'd love to see pics.
Of which issue ? :like:

Loads of threads on these issues :

1715358393497-ag.png

1715358472105-o3.png

The felt / sponge pads under the taillights posts are harder to find, but the issue has been mentioned on here more than a few times :like:

1715358542884-5w.png

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Of which issue ? :like:

Loads of threads on these issues :

1715358393497-ag.png

1715358472105-o3.png

The felt / sponge pads under the taillights posts are harder to find, but the issue has been mentioned on here more than a few times :like:

1715358542884-5w.png

That's news to me. All those threads seem pretty old. 🤷‍♂️

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If the OP is referring to this, just pull it out. It's just foam from the factory assembly.
614B8FC5-477C-4C23-834E-092CB52431CA.jpeg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's news to me. All those threads seem pretty old. 🤷‍♂️
If the OP is referring to this, just pull it out. It's just foam from the factory assembly.
614B8FC5-477C-4C23-834E-092CB52431CA.jpeg
Defo still a common problem, the rear more so than the front (just walk a line of stangs and look closely), but the rear is also easier to fix (I think). The fit under the headlight can be a pain to fix - people have even had new bumper covers fitted :frown:

Looks like you found the felt / sponge pad issue :like:

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Defo still a common problem, the rear more so than the front (just walk a line of stangs and look closely), but the rear is also easier to fix (I think). The fit under the headlight can be a pain to fix - people have even had new bumper covers fitted :frown:

Looks like you found the felt / sponge pad issue :like:

I've owned two S550s and go to plenty of car shows. Ive never seen that before.

Anyway, I think the OP is referring to the foam and not the fitment. Im curious why he didn't just pull it out. I'm beginning to suspect some operator difficulties on the OP side with regards to his car.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ok I just went out and adjusted my taillights for better fitment with the decklid, and saw the black foam squares the OP was referring to. Those are there to keep the taillight housings from rubbing on the bumper. They SHOULD be tucked in far enough so you can't see them. If one is poking out just get a plastic pry tool and nudge it in back under the light. I believe it's stuck to the bottom of the housing so it may take some persuasion. But I can confirm those are supposed to be there.

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
I've owned two S550s and go to plenty of car shows. Ive never seen that before.

Anyway, I think the OP is referring to the foam and not the fitment. Im curious why he didn't just pull it out. I'm beginning to suspect some operator difficulties on the OP side with regards to his car.
What kind of difficulties?

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What kind of difficulties?
Im honestly not sure and I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick. Its just that in reading through your laundry list of complaints, I can't help wonder if you're just knit picking, not understanding how to operate stuff, or having legitimate car issues.

The navigation volume problem is most likely due to the speaker you disconnected. Most people just switch the sound mode from surround to stereo.

I have no idea what to make of the seat belt lights and drive mode errors, other that maybe something got screwed up when they were behind the dash messing with your sound system. Either way it sounds like you were overdue for some software updates. Did the dealer ever say what was wrong?

The black foam pads are there to keep the taillight housing from rubbing on the bumper. All you need to do is push them back under if they are poking out or simply remove them.

Hopefully you are otherwise enjoying the car and not fixing in the negatives. The 21-23 Mach 1s are some of the best S550 Mustangs ever produced from a styling, performance, and handling standpoint. Just keep in mind it's a Ford not a Mercedes.
Sponsored