Sponsored

Gasoline Choices

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
What gasoline you guys use? i live in NJ and we got no e85 here we got 89,91,93 oct like always i use 93 for all my cars. I always try to get it from same gas station which is Shell V-Power. But now i dont think thats a good idea with this EBM. Because ok running higher boost and the v-power got all that cleaning stuff you guys think i should change? what do you guys use?
Sponsored

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
What? Why would that fuel not be good for the ecoboost? All top-tier fuels have detergents in them. What other cars do you have?

OP
OP

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
got camaro ss charger and a hummer h2 always used shell but dont you think fuels with to much cleaners in them r bad for detonation ?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I personally get gas from costco, shell, chevron or Aloha Petroleum here (whose gas is refined by the chevron refinery here)

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Heres a list of all top tier fuel brands in the nation:
http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
That is only a list of who paid the 30k to 40k to be put on the list and filled out the paperwork.

Interesting concept though...

I personally never pay attention, does it really make that much of a difference?
All the cars I owned previously, no... and went up to 200k on two of them.

A turbo Ford? I dunno, but seriously doubt I'll have this car when it hits 200k either.

If gas causes something to "break" at 50k or even 100k, there is something seriously wrong. IMO, of course.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That is only a list of who paid the 30k to 40k to be put on the list and filled out the paperwork.

Interesting concept though...

All the cars I owned previously, no... and went up to 200k on two of them.

A turbo Ford? I dunno, but seriously doubt I'll have this car when it hits 200k either.

If gas causes something to "break" at 50k or even 100k, there is something seriously wrong. IMO, of course.

I highly doubt a small gas station chain on a rock in the middle of the pacific is gonna pay $40k to be put on some list when the cost of business in Hawaii is really high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I personally never pay attention, does it really make that much of a difference?
I agree here. gas is gas. in reality, each region has such a small number of refineries. the same refinery may sell to 200 different near by stations of every brand.

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
SHELL

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I'll be using the same fuel in my EB Mustang when I get it as I currently do in my Focus ST - Chevron 94 octane. Ethanol-free.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I've been running shell, Chevron and 76 premium. My car is a 24 month lease that will be seeing some track time and drag strip runs, should I really care about the detergents?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'll be using the same fuel in my EB Mustang when I get it as I currently do in my Focus ST - Chevron 94 octane. Ethanol-free.

I wish we could get 92 here ethanol free. Some stations only sell 89 octane ethanol free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored