Sponsored

Gas stops filling up prematurely almost everytime

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Originally Posted by minjitta
its happen on 05' Mustang, what i did was turn the gas nozzle upside down, opposite of what normal position when you pump.
I used to have to do something similar on my 2005. Worked best when I held it at a 90 degree angle.

2015BlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue 6 speed Base GT w/ PP, Recaros
I have the same issue with fuel tank as well on my new 2015 GT. The tank will stop filling at about a half a tank if I use a pump with a vapor nozzle. I took my to the dealer and of course they couldn't duplicate the problem on a gas pump down the street without the vapor nozzle. It's a little ridiculous that my car won't accept vapor nozzles.

OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the same issue with fuel tank as well on my new 2015 GT. The tank will stop filling at about a half a tank if I use a pump with a vapor nozzle. I took my to the dealer and of course they couldn't duplicate the problem on a gas pump down the street without the vapor nozzle. It's a little ridiculous that my car won't accept vapor nozzles.
Yep. It sucks that I need to hold the nozzle at a certain position until its finished pumping.

RobHunt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, RR, PP, 401A, NAV
First, you gotta work it around the hole, don't penetrate too early, make her want it... Go easy, don't go to fast, don't wanna stop prematurely.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Sent from my Nexus 5

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've found that if I don't stick it in all the way it seems to pump better. I put it in all the way and then pull it out a half inch or so...

That's what she said.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I've found that if I don't stick it in all the way it seems to pump better. I put it in all the way and then pull it out a half inch or so...

That's what she said.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Any one have any other solutions for this? I've done two fill ups so far with the same pump. Oddly the first time no problems. The second time kept stopping. Finally clicked off at 13. something and I said I guess that's full (was a little below 1/4 tank). Hoping this isn't a common occurrence. I travel to Jersey frequently and can only imagine the geniuses at the gas stations trying to fill it.

hojos1014

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY Premium
This happened to me the first time I filled up. Hubby had this feature on one of his previous vehicles and suggested not having fuel go in quite as fast....So instead of holding handle all the way, I hold it so it's about 3/4's...This slows down the amount of fuel going in and seems to have fixed the problem for me. His thinking was different stations have different kinds of pumps and fuel comes out at different rates...By slowing the fuel, it allows system to keep up with the flow and not cut off due to vapors or it not being able to go down in the tank fast enough....It's a pain when it's freezing cold outside but it's worked so far...

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Yes same problem with my V-6 manual fastback,Only put gas in it one time(400 miles on it) stopped at 1/2 tank.Tried again and slowly filled the rest of the way.Also have the 50+ vibration that feels like a driveshaft.

OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is still an issue for me.

Sponsored

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
Pump Shuts Off Every Time

So I just wanted to chime in on the issue here: I have has my car since February 2015, the car hasn't been able to take gas with out causing the pump to shut off prematurely. I've tried 7 different gas stations around town here they all do the same thing. Strangely holding the pump at 2/4 the pressure allows me to fill up with just 1-2 shut offs.:doh: There is only 2 pumps at a shell station that allows me to do this. Its painfully slow, i fill up from half way to prevent spending 20 min at the pump. I use the car allot for work around South Florida so this issue is annoying. Moving the pump left, right, up, down, all the way in, halfway out or even upside down doesn't help the problem for me. :frusty:

Im taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do. Has anyone else taken it to the dealer to see what they say ?

2015 V6 Fastback.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I just wanted to chime in on the issue here: I have has my car since February 2015, the car hasn't been able to take gas with out causing the pump to shut off prematurely. I've tried 7 different gas stations around town here they all do the same thing. Strangely holding the pump at 2/4 the pressure allows me to fill up with just 1-2 shut offs.:doh: There is only 2 pumps at a shell station that allows me to do this. Its painfully slow, i fill up from half way to prevent spending 20 min at the pump. I use the car allot for work around South Florida so this issue is annoying. Moving the pump left, right, up, down, all the way in, halfway out or even upside down doesn't help the problem for me. :frusty:

Im taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do. Has anyone else taken it to the dealer to see what they say ?

2015 V6 Fastback.
Hey Bbrillon998,

Did you visit the dealer today? Let me know if they provided a diagnosis on it yet.

Anyone else who's having the issue and wants to visit the dealer, send me a PM; I'll look into the situation further. :D

Jeff

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I have this issue. You really have to put the nozzle in really deep and not upset it

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Trouble filling gas tank...

At least we're lucky that we only have to try to fill a 16 gallon tank. I had a Dodge Van with a 40+ gallon extended range tank. It could only be filled on the slowest setting and then it had to be burped several times to allow air to flow out around the fill nozzle. Talk about wasting time at the pump!

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer

2015 V6 Fastback.
I have same problem with my 05', try to fiil up with the handle upside down, yeah it weird but its work fo me.
Sponsored