FRPP Exhaust

WesleyT96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
So I bought the Frpp touring axleback when I bought my car. Now I think it's not loud enough. I'm thinking two options right now.

1. Add h-pipe
2. Find someone with Frpp sport axleback to swap with

Anybody have experience with this? I want more volume and I want a deeper throatier tone at least at lower rpm's but nothing obnoxious. This is a daily driver. Let me know what you think.
Sponsored

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
Don't play musical chairs with your exhaust and just get the Corsa Sport Catback. It's quiet until 4k RPM at which point it sounds glorious.

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Second the corsa sport. Loved the sound and it was my second exhaust after loosing money selling first. Corsa still sounds great with my single turbo that I have now. Pm a dealer for best price. I used hypermotive

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I'd vote for the Corsa sport or Borla S-Type cat back.

Then sell your FRPP Touring.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Try to trade in the WTT forum for the FR sport. I'm sure someone will swap with yours eventually.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd grab an X or H pipe for your axleback. Neither will have drone or be excessive for daily driving:

[ame]

[ame]

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I agree, the x-pipe really helps add some volume to the FRPP touring without any drone whatsoever. Cruising, it's just a hair louder than stock but open it up and it gets louder than you'd expect a "touring" muffler to be

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Surprised people pick corsa sport over extreme

OP
OP

WesleyT96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the input. Not looking to buy a corsa or borla catback at this time but I am interested in the future. Funds are a little short. Planning on headers eventually so extremes or atak are out of the question. The wtt option for the sport sounds like my cheapest option but i need to hear one first. I will try and find someone near me with Frpp sport axlebacks. If not I will toward the h pipe. Thanks again.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input. Not looking to buy a corsa or borla catback at this time but I am interested in the future. Funds are a little short. Planning on headers eventually so extremes or atak are out of the question. The wtt option for the sport sounds like my cheapest option but i need to hear one first. I will try and find someone near me with Frpp sport axlebacks. If not I will toward the h pipe. Thanks again.
Good plan. FRPP sport axlebacks will be a little quieter than the FRPP touring with a resonator delete X or H pipe.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
OP
OP

WesleyT96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Good plan. FRPP sport axlebacks will be a little quieter than the FRPP touring with a resonator delete X or H pipe.
Thanks that was something I was wondering. If it's not a lot louder may just go with h. Just the thought of that big ugly resonator under my car is bothering me. Lol. Is the mrt h louder than a 2.5" like steeda or lethal or does it not make a difference?

OP
OP

WesleyT96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks that was something I was wondering. If it's not a lot louder may just go with h. Just the thought of that big ugly resonator under my car is bothering me. Lol. Is the mrt h louder than a 2.5" like steeda or lethal or does it not make a difference?
IIRC, they're all 2.5" if they're stand-alone resonator delete kits. As far as sound, it won't make a noticeable difference unless the crossover is moved a significant amount (like a few feet). Get the one you want :)

If it were me, I'd go FRPP Touring + X pipe over the FRPP Sport and stock resonator, but also think it goes great with the H pipe.
Sponsored