Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=10422]Ace[/MENTION] really? I haven't seen this happening at all...
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
They are definitely the best tribar version, even better than US stock. They are the only one where you don't see the 5 led spots at all on parking light or DRL. Absolutely perfect.

The only little quirk is that you have to unplug the oem parking lights in the lower bumper, otherwise the tribar parking lights will flicker when the engine is running (so you see them flickering when the normal lights are on).
Indeed when they are on, you don't see any led spots in the light. But, for me, they can do a lot more for the brightness. I mean, OK, they are brighter as the OEM US version, but for me they are not EU compliant with the brightness, they need to be a bit more bright for DRL use.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
John, did you use the t-tap connectors included to do the connections? Did they perform fine? I am asking this because one of the t-taps connectors that was connected to the left DRL was not making a good connection, and my left DRL was not working during the day. I had to reach for it and tighten it up with pliers. Now it works fine, but I wonder if these t-tap connectors will perform well in the long run.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I did too, but the connection was loose and I noticed the problem a few days later. I reached from the top and through the mud flaps and tightened it up. Now it seems that the connection is fine. I just wonder it the t-taps will perform well in the long run.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Nice. Didn't think of that :thumbsup:

Will do it next time I remove the bumper - hopefully never! :headbonk:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
John, did you use the t-tap connectors included to do the connections? Did they perform fine? I am asking this because one of the t-taps connectors that was connected to the left DRL was not making a good connection, and my left DRL was not working during the day. I had to reach for it and tighten it up with pliers. Now it works fine, but I wonder if these t-tap connectors will perform well on the long run.
I did complain a lot with DD about those super super cheap t-taps since they included them with my side markers. They are so bad that I needed to remove them after a week and do a simple wire split and tape.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Stefano your input is always useful. I hope I wont't have to do this... As much as I like spending time with my car, I hate doing things over and over again. John says that he has no issues whatsoever and I had one issue but I think I corrected it, as I said above. If not, then I will take the bumper out and do a wire split and tape like you did. Or, alternatively I will replace the T-tap connectors with Posi-tap connectors:

http://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html

They seem more robust. Do you think they would be a good alternative? :shrug:

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
It was the case on the first driver version of this product. Now everything is good with their new drivers.

In my case, with a custom turn signal light, I don't have this flicker problem :thumbsup:
No, that was not the case with mit boards. The old driver got the problem that sequential turn signals did not work when the engine was running. the new driver fixed that but still got the flickering problem.

I got the hint to try to unplug the OEM parking lights to get rid off the flickering from the EU sub here, but he had the same problem as me.

But EU mustangs every really tricky in terms of electronic. Never could switchbacks get to work because of flickering issues while the same setup worked fine on other cars. It was really annoying

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
No, that was not the case with mit boards. The old driver got the problem that sequential turn signals did not work when the engine was running. the new driver fixed that but still got the flickering problem.

I got the hint to try to unplug the OEM parking lights to get rid off the flickering from the EU sub here, but he had the same problem as me.

But EU mustangs every really tricky in terms of electronic. Never could switchbacks get to work because of flickering issues while the same setup worked fine on other cars. It was really annoying
I think the problem is with OEM incandescent bulbs,They have to be replaced by others led.
In fact in the package with the new DRL, two led are included to replace the incandescent oem along with a notice to do so.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think the problem is with OEM incandescent bulbs,They have to be replaced by others led.
In fact in the package with the new DRL, two led are included to replace the incandescent oem along with a notice to do so.
I had LED parking lights installed. Tried to use the OEM bulbs for parking lights but didn't change the flickering. Only solution was plug the parking light connector :shrug:

It's just that some cars have huge problem with maintaining 12v while the engine is running, so they switch to PWM mode which causes a lot of problems if you use LED lightning. If your car is doing how it should, you're just lucky :)
Hopefully it seems like the 18 model will have a great white LED parking light in the lower bumper and the DRL tribars directly from the factory.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I have disassembled defense, put the lower grille to match with the superior.Open the headlights, glue the tribar led, I checked everything, I do not have flickers, seal the window made in the headlights and tomorrow I will mount everything :):).

Thanks to all of you for your advice, without your help I would not have done it :cheers:
Sponsored