Sponsored

Front Plates

jrowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBeast
That motorized one says '79 to '14. Those fronts look different in the pics. Will it work on the '15?
Sponsored

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Two questions. Are you concerned at all of scraping the plate and bracket off on a curb or parking strip? What do you think the officer will say when he pulls you over for no front plate and you 'now' have the plate up? I'd guess they are aware of motorized plates. I'm curious if he would still write you up because you 'did' have no plate when he saw you. I am anxious to hear that story. :)

Officer, I stopped speeding after you saw me, what's the biggie? ;)
To be completely honest, If they want to stop me and give me a ticket for no plates, I'm fine with that. I'll go to CHP and have it signed off, What's $25? Yes, It mounts up, But I like my car to look clean (No front plate!)

as for the scraping, I've heard about it happening a lot, They said you can fix it though. I don't know, We'll see.

That motorized one says '79 to '14. Those fronts look different in the pics. Will it work on the '15?
Same thing I thought, But yes, It will work! It pops up on the 2015 page, They just haven't updated it. Also, If you look at customer pics, People already have it on the S550.

KingofPubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium MT
I was originally going to go with the Sto-N-Sho but for Ecoboosts there is an air deflector right where the bracket gets mounted (probably doesn't do much but still). I ended up getting the Craigs Custom Bracket. I was skeptical at first b/c its mounted by 3M but its pretty solid. You can unscrew the license plate from the bracket to remove if you wanted plus you can off center the plates (if you're into that).

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
I wont be putting mine on. My dad drove a 99 c230 kompressor around with no front plate since 99. He got pulled over a few years ago and the officer mentioned the plate. He also mentioned how it would be a shame to drill holes in such a nice car and sent him on his way.
Ive been pulled over a few times in the same car for random stuff. Not once was the plate mentioned.
In my oppinion if a 99 c class is too nice to put holes in, then this 2015 mustang will get off the hook even easier.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP

Sponsored

BlackPegasusGTPP

BlackPegasusGTPP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package 401a
Does anyone have any experience with that 3m mount in really hot climates? I live in palm springs and it's already getting close to the 100's in March.

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
I've never used front plates on any of my cars since 1999, never got a ticket for it.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
No Front plates here. already talked to the General manager at my dealer NOT to install the front plate bracket. If a cop wants to pull you over, there are many other things, more including his safety, to stop you. No front plate just makes it harder to get a radar speed since the headlights are small.

pilroy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gray GT Convertible
I got mine right of the truck and they didn't drill into my bumper. I have the sto and sho front license bracket mounted and ready to go but I'm waiting for that ticket before I will put a front license on my car.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I also took delivery of my Mustang without any holes drilled in the front bumper. I have Craig's Custom Bracket to mount my front plate if needed. I am taking the same posture you are - not to mount it until I get stopped. I have been running without the front plate for three months - so far no problems, and police have seen it from the front.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Has anyone made their own front plate holder?

Show us pics of what you made. Personally, I like the Craig's design over the Stow-n-Show. But $50 feels like a lot for basically a sheet of aluminum with a 90º bend. If I ever have the need to mount my front plate, I'll probably look into making one out of a piece of aluminum. I would either just drill 2-3 small holes to bolt it discretely from underneath or 3M tape a plate with small screws in it. It does not need to be easy on, easy off, as I would hopefully only use it... well never. ;)

Heck, now that I think about it, for the rare CHP fix it ticket sign off, I could simply double sticky tape the plate directly to the bumper since I'd plan to remove it right away anyway. Duh... :doh:

Not having a fix it ticket in Calif for probably 30 years or more, is there a fine now? It used to be no fine, just fix whatever you were written up for and have any police or CHP sign it off, then mail it in, IIRC.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Show us pics of what you made. Personally, I like the Craig's design over the Stow-n-Show. But $50 feels like a lot for basically a sheet of aluminum with a 90º bend. If I ever have the need to mount my front plate, I'll probably look into making one out of a piece of aluminum. I would either just drill 2-3 small holes to bolt it discretely from underneath or 3M tape a plate with small screws in it. It does not need to be easy on, easy off, as I would hopefully only use it... well never. ;)

Heck, now that I think about it, for the rare CHP fix it ticket sign off, I could simply double sticky tape the plate directly to the bumper since I'd plan to remove it right away anyway. Duh... :doh:

Not having a fix it ticket in Calif for probably 30 years or more, is there a fine now? It used to be no fine, just fix whatever you were written up for and have any police or CHP sign it off, then mail it in, IIRC.
i got a no front license plate ticket for $40 before and i wasn't even driving. I was parked :shrug:

i believe the standard fix it ticket is somewhere around $25 though

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
i got a no front license plate ticket for $40 before and i wasn't even driving. I was parked :shrug:

i believe the standard fix it ticket is somewhere around $25 though
So no front plate is a more serious sin than say a tail light burned out. Hmmn.

Someone said the plate helps the radar detector 'see' the car. I was not aware of that. Of course, $40 is still a small price to pay for the privelidge.
And if you ever happen to have your picture snapped because the light was red when you entered the intersection... well you just saved $400 there! ;)
(I don't think intersection cameras can take back of car pics too, but I could be wrong)

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
I got mine right of the truck and they didn't drill into my bumper. I have the sto and sho front license bracket mounted and ready to go but I'm waiting for that ticket before I will put a front license on my car.
I think this is the get out of jail free card on this problem after I try the double sided tape fix.

I've only heard one problem with this and it was on a lowered Stang and they ripped it off going up a driveway. I won't be going lower so it may not be an issue.
Sponsored