Sponsored

Front parking sensors in Italy?

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all,

Searching among the EU ford official sites, I noticed that in Italy are available (of course as an extra) both front and rear parking sensors!

Is that true? Is that OEM or installed aftermarket by local dealer? Any Italian guy to confirm this?

I have NEVER seen (nor US) a front parking sensors. (although I have never understood why many brands are consider front parking sensors as unnecessary).

Go to optional and google translate this:

Sensori di Parcheggio Anteriori e Posteriori

http://www.ford.it/Configura/NewMustang/Ecoboost
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes, every italian info and official paper reports that front parking sensors, even in the internal Ford papers.

Although many of us thinks that it is one of many errors found on euro websites and info: these sensors in Italy, power folding mirrors in UK, rear window wiper and 60/40 foldable back seats in Switzerland...

Edit: I asked to my dealer, pointing out that no other nation in the world has that feature (so probably it's not true) but he had no clue on that. As for most of us, I have more info than him.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I would say it's an error in the configurator, like the things papinist mentioned in his post. There is no front parking sensor for the mustang in US at all, and I cant imagine they build one for the EU stang and only make it available in italy.

We are still waiting for seeing a real production EU stang, the real thing we get. Until then everything is just speculation

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. Many errors/omissions on EU sites. Unfortunately we'll have to wait till first deliveries.

I also have tons of queries which no local dealer can answer .

"We still know nothing. Orders will open at April" is the official reply.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Worst thing is, even the official internal Ford Italy papers for Ford Stores reports these front sensors.

I had the opportunity to see it in person, and these documents seems to be built not from a big firm but from some cheap local family business - it seems to group only info found on the net. I had to choose the color of my car from a printed pdf..

My idea is that Ford Europe tells to all regional Ford division only that the Mustang will be sold in Europe, and they had to self-arrange some type of informative papers for Ford Stores.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The amount of amateurism with which most of the European Ford country distributors are handling this release is beyond amazing.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I remember a german user with real printed 'professional' brochure found at the Ford Store.
So it seems that they exists!
For Italy, it does not exist neither printed nor in pdf.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I got a real brochure from my dealer too. But he told me these are not the final brochures. The final ones will arrive later and they will send one to me asap.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tragic and funny: US people are chatting about the changes of new Mustang in 2016, and we in europe are still seeking for brochures...

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Tragic and funny: US people are chatting about the changes of new Mustang in 2016, and we in europe are still seeking for brochures...
I wonder if Europeans ordering in july will get a 2016 model or still the 2015 as orders seems to close half june on the 2015....Other color choices and Sync 3 are the main expected differences for '16...

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm amazed that Ford appear to be offering different options to all the different countries of the EU. Seems crazy.

In the UK we can't have Recaro seats yet they are options for the rest of Europe.

Orange is free yet Black is ÂŁ595 in the UK but in Holland it's the other way round.

Makes no sense, well to me anyway.

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
Worst thing is, even the official internal Ford Italy papers for Ford Stores reports these front sensors.

I had the opportunity to see it in person, and these documents seems to be built not from a big firm but from some cheap local family business - it seems to group only info found on the net. I had to choose the color of my car from a printed pdf..

My idea is that Ford Europe tells to all regional Ford division only that the Mustang will be sold in Europe, and they had to self-arrange some type of informative papers for Ford Stores.
The amount of amateurism with which most of the European Ford country distributors are handling this release is beyond amazing.
That's the reason I am waiting for ordering my Mustang. I want to see how the real car is. I am still confused about HID lights, front and rear parking sensors and so on. :confused:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase

If it's in the folder on paper you could always claim it except if the folder says something like 'specs may vary country by country'. A generic option exsists on the aftersales market, saw it on a Chrysler and it's working fine.

I'm considering the option on mine as well as I don't want to scratch the bumper...Of course the real enemy are the ones parking in front of you without rear sensors...Guess you have couple of these in Italy (Eg in Rome...:headbonk:)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
We have MANY of these!! and not only in Rome!

My Ford dealer was good enough to send me a copy of that internal paper, since I made my order based on that. Unfortunately I am not allowed to share it, but it clearly reports these front and rear sensors as part of the custom pack.
No disclaimer is written in here (probably due to its internal nature), but since my order is based on that, if front sensors will not be present, I will use it to get a discount or some accessories like floor mat :)

Every time I read at that paper, I had to ask myself how a big car company like Ford has the needs to create a copy&paste internal paper with info found on the net! If they read M6G forum they would share better info with its dealer!!

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Parking sensors in the rear are standard, but the dealer can install front sensors if you do want them. I was told, € 600,00.
Sponsored