Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would like to see pics once done please, both when you mount the lakin bracket and then the plate to the bracket if possible.

I've got slim plates but they were screwed into bodywork by previous owner using stock fixing points so they they're not central to the bumber vertical wise...which means that the start halfway down that section on the bumper and then go low enough that that sit over the front of the lower grill...Want to see if they'll sit properly if i get these.
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Would like to see pics once done please, both when you mount the lakin bracket and then the plate to the bracket if possible.

I've got slim plates but they were screwed into bodywork by previous owner using stock fixing points so they they're not central to the bumber vertical wise...which means that the start halfway down that section on the bumper and then go low enough that that sit over the front of the lower grill...Want to see if they'll sit properly if i get these.
Hi Hornet
I have slimline on the front with the screwless bracket,if you use them it doesn.t matter if there are/
already holes in the bumper as the plates will cover them.
IMG_2111.JPG
IMG_2111.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2279 (2).JPG

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus

No worries Hornet,

When the first Mustangs arrived in Australia, there was lots of discussion on the forum about the best number plate holders (hence the fact that we're on page 44 of this thread). I think the general consensus was that for permanently fixed holders, the quality, finish and fit of the Aussie made Lakin brackets couldn't be surpassed. The fact that the holders were bent to the perfectly match the shape of the front bumper, and the plastic covers were heat treated to match the bend was amazing and unique.

Hoping that they'll arrive this week, but probably next, and I'll post up the photos.

Cheers,

Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Here’s some photos of the Lakin brackets, straight out of the box. Wrapped in plastic, then again in bubble wrap. Custom sized box. Fitting instructions included, everything labelled.
I’ll add some photos of them fitted to the car later on, now that it’s stopped snowing outside!
Note how the front bracket is curved to match the bumper, and even the plastic cover has also been curved.
They are VERY well made!
24DAA22A-06D7-4893-B662-FBE0F283FBDD.jpeg
View attachment 387015
9BE46357-C47A-4BC0-88DA-E4174EE8939A.jpeg
075DEAE1-B0A8-46CA-A986-9F9158A796A2.jpeg
1FF209E4-3226-472D-88BC-7D349D8AC7E4.jpeg
83F345A5-D16B-40A9-B61C-FD92A88C9F97.jpeg
A958B365-26CB-4011-9915-AAADD7F79EEE.jpeg
EAE67E07-203C-4B4F-81E8-1C1D1FE53839.jpeg
A1756268-BF73-44F6-8626-044C42D24BC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)

Hi Hornet,

Finally fitted the front bracket and plate. The bracket screws into the stock fixing points, and the bracket sits neatly centered vertically on the front bumper. The plate and cover then sits directly on top of the mounting plate.

It looks very neat, and I think would cover and hide your issues.

Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Davo
IMG_7472.jpg
IMG_7473.jpg
IMG_7577.jpg

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hi Hornet,

Finally fitted the front bracket and plate. The bracket screws into the stock fixing points, and the bracket sits neatly centered vertically on the front bumper. The plate and cover then sits directly on top of the mounting plate.

Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Davo
IMG_7472.jpg
IMG_7473.jpg
IMG_7577.jpg
Is that a cobweb on the front of the mustang? You need to drive it more often .

The Lakin bracket looks fantastic. Better than those ones with the little clips that you get from Supercheap.

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Is that a cobweb on the front of the mustang? You need to drive it more often .

The Lakin bracket looks fantastic. Better than those ones with the little clips that you get from Supercheap.
I'm embarrassed to say that it is! Uploaded the wrong photo too, didn't show the bracket as I intended.

We are an eco-friendly and sharing household, happy to share the V8 grunt with the spider.
image.png
He has a thrill ride most days!
IMG_7474.jpeg

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I'm embarrassed to say that it is! Uploaded the wrong photo too, didn't show the bracket as I intended.

We are an eco-friendly and sharing household, happy to share the V8 grunt with the spider.
image.png
He has a thrill ride most days!
IMG_7474.jpeg
In reply I fitted my Lakin plate holders recently too and they are nicely engineered. If the original plates have been mounted using the dimples in the front bar meaning the plates sit very low and cover part of the lower grill , then yes, these will solve your problem as the mount using those same dimples but higher as Davos pics show.
Yes very happy well worth fitting for the fussy owners amongst us.
GT450

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Hornet,

Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Davo
AWESOME!!

Thanks so much for confirming

Sponsored

Konaboii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
anyone know of a different but similar look to the lakin plate holders in QLD since new orders are on hold til 2020??? really wanted sto'n'sho but seen people rip them off on average height cars and my nugget will be slammed

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
anyone know of a different but similar look to the lakin plate holders in QLD since new orders are on hold til 2020??? really wanted sto'n'sho but seen people rip them off on average height cars and my nugget will be slammed
Speaking from 1st hand experience it would be worth waiting the few weeks until the new year and get the Lakin.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Speaking from 1st hand experience it would be worth waiting the few weeks until the new year and get the Lakin.
Yes the Lakins are worth waiting for i have them , they are an excellent bit of kit you wont regret it.
GT450

Konaboii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes the Lakins are worth waiting for i have them , they are an excellent bit of kit you wont regret it.
GT450
i couldnt see prices on the website, how much are they roughly?
Sponsored