Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
So I emailed Phillip on Wednesday about the possibility of getting some front and rear brackets made for mine but in quite a rush since I was hoping to fit them next week. He rang me back today and was super helpful, had heaps of info and happy to help me in any way possible. So I ordered and paid for the plates tonight, he said he will have them made and in the post by Monday night and they should be here on Wednesday which is just amazing in my book. I'll be fitting them at the dealership on Thursday.

So extremely happy with Phillip and the service he provides, absolutely great bloke who I can't speak highly enough of.
Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
So I emailed Phillip on Wednesday about the possibility of getting some front and rear brackets made for mine but in quite a rush since I was hoping to fit them next week. He rang me back today and was super helpful, had heaps of info and happy to help me in any way possible. So I ordered and paid for the plates tonight, he said he will have them made and in the post by Monday night and they should be here on Wednesday which is just amazing in my book. I'll be fitting them at the dealership on Thursday.

So extremely happy with Phillip and the service he provides, absolutely great bloke who I can't speak highly enough of.
Yep he's a lovely man and produces a high quality product. I'm very happy with mine!

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
17' Ford Mustang GT Convertible Grabber Blue
I've noticed Philip is taking a well deserved break this month so I guess we'll be able to talk to him again in the new year ready for another year of great service to mustang6g.com members.

In the meantime, I was hoping others with the US style NSW number plates can confirm that there are currently no covers available for these plates?

I've searched high and low and can only find someone trying to sell a cover for the old bicentennial plates but they are 5mm smaller in each direction so can hardly see how they would be a perfect fit.

Has anyone with US style and sized plates got covers for them or just hanging out freely on the front and rear??

Thanks for any leads or suggestions everyone!!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
In the meantime, I was hoping others with the US style NSW number plates can confirm that there are currently no covers available for these plates?

I've searched high and low and can only find someone trying to sell a cover for the old bicentennial plates but they are 5mm smaller in each direction so can hardly see how they would be a perfect fit.

Has anyone with US style and sized plates got covers for them or just hanging out freely on the front and rear??
Correct. There are no covers available.

I have the white NSW Mustang style plates and have not covered them with anything. The plates don't come with any holes and Lakin offers the 3M Command Strip option which allows you to attach them to the brackets without the need for screws.

Looks very clean. The Mustang salesman at my dealership was studying them this morning and scratching his head trying to work out how they were attached.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Correct. There are no covers available.

I have the white NSW Mustang style plates and have not covered them with anything. The plates don't come with any holes and Lakin offers the 3M Command Strip option which allows you to attach them to the brackets without the need for screws.

Looks very clean. The Mustang salesman at my dealership was studying them this morning and scratching his head trying to work out how they were attached.

attachment.jpg
Thanks for the pic, Drewbo! Any chance you have a pic of the front plate too? I'm pretty sure this is the set up I'm going to go for. Cheers mate for your advice!:cheers:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pic, Drewbo! Any chance you have a pic of the front plate too? I'm pretty sure this is the set up I'm going to go for. Cheers mate for your advice!:cheers:
Sure thing.

This is the best I have at the moment, can take a close up when I get home if you like.
IMG_3679.jpg

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Went with Craig custom bracket up front (No holes in my bumper) and straight on the back with felt lining on back of plate.
Good stuff, that's my plan too (bracket waiting in the cupboard!)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Close up of dirty car:
IMG_3815.jpg

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Sure thing.

This is the best I have at the moment, can take a close up when I get home if you like.
When you've time that would be great. Just want to see the bend in the plate from above and how far down it hangs from the bar. What did you use to bend the plate to the bracket?

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
When you've time that would be great. Just want to see the bend in the plate from above and how far down it hangs from the bar. What did you use to bend the plate to the bracket?
Better view of the bend from this angle.

I just measured half way along the plate with a tape measure and marked the top and bottom edges of the plate in pencil before *slightly* bending it by hand over the sharp edge of my breakfast bar. The centre should pretty much bisect the S of the NSW.
IMG_3817.jpg

Must16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Fastback AT Ruby Red
Received my Lakin brackets & KingPin covers today. I can only endorse what all others have said about Philip and his products. Great service and superb quality!
Thanks again Philip.
My car arrived in Port Kembla today, now for a truck ride to Bathurst, hope to have the keys before Christmas.

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My situation I am exactly like yours, Rex. I received my Lakin brackets today but didn't buy the kingpin covers. The quality of the brackets are outstanding and I need to mention a word about the packaging. It is second to none.

My car also landed today at port Kembla. Fingers crossed for a pre-christmas delivery.

Received my Lakin brackets & KingPin covers today. I can only endorse what all others have said about Philip and his products. Great service and superb quality!
Thanks again Philip.
My car arrived in Port Kembla today, now for a truck ride to Bathurst, hope to have the keys before Christmas.

Reactions: ssb

Must16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT Fastback AT Ruby Red
My situation I am exactly like yours, Rex. I received my Lakin brackets today but didn't buy the kingpin covers. The quality of the brackets are outstanding and I need to mention a word about the packaging. It is second to none.

My car also landed today at port Kembla. Fingers crossed for a pre-christmas delivery.
Good luck to you also Krish. What part of Sydney are you?