corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
. . . fun but less strictly utilitarian cars a less appealing consideration for the majority of folk who can now only afford one newer vehicle.

. . . because most folks can't afford two new cars and if they can only have one, they want it to be able to handle whatever situation they think they might encounter (not necessarily what they actually will).

. . . you gotta make that car a jack of all trades, which the Mustang is not.
Which tells me that too many people are too tied to a lifestyle where convenience is king. Even where the imagined conveniences end up being strictly theoretical.

There used to be a saying - where there's a will, there's a way.

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You are correct. Sorry I meant Model Y.
Model 3???

Still not a sports car or really a sport sedan. Driver involvement isn't all there and too much electronic involvement is.

Norm

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
How about "Gentleman's Express"?

"Calling a motor vehicle a gentleman's express implies a few things: it is fast, it is stylish, and it has a certain amount of snob appeal due to rarity and/or cost."

Still not a sports car.

Norm

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
How about "Gentleman's Express"?

"Calling a motor vehicle a gentleman's express implies a few things: it is fast, it is stylish, and it has a certain amount of snob appeal due to rarity and/or cost."

Still not a sports car.

Norm
Agreed.

:cwl:Did you hear that car go by? Me neither.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I see too many people say things like "Well I can't use the performance/handling 90% of the time"

Sure, but that 10% is the very reason you buy a car with some soul, and completely validates the purchase.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Thinking of the scenario of only having one vehicle in a household, the best of all worlds would be basically a new Ranchero. 2-door, AWD, Coyote/A10, that handles like a performance car. I'd buy one.

The Aussies got pretty close with some of their utes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Agreed.

:cwl:Did you hear that car go by? Me neither.
A sports car is not defined by its power train. None of Tesla’s current vehicle’s could be considered sports cars but this one definitely would.

1622725583501.jpeg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I see too many people say things like "Well I can't use the performance/handling 90% of the time"

Sure, but that 10% is the very reason you buy a car with some soul, and completely validates the purchase.
In theory that works. However, the 90% usually means you will eventually make some concessions to practicality. Which will diminish the fun you derive from the remaining 10%. Driving a Mustang is far more practical than a Porsche Boxster, but not even close to the fun when the opportunity presents itself.

I drove an early Viper as a daily driver for about 2 years, even in the winter and it didn't have rollup windows. Still can't beat the fun it was on a lonely country road. But, just about anything beats it as a daily driver. It was a stupid buy, entirely dictated by me being stubborn.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
In theory that works. However, the 90% usually means you will eventually make some concessions to practicality. Which will diminish the fun you derive from the remaining 10%. Driving a Mustang is far more practical than a Porsche Boxster, but not even close to the fun when the opportunity presents itself.

I drove an early Viper as a daily driver for about 2 years, even in the winter and it didn't have rollup windows. Still can't beat the fun it was on a lonely country road. But, just about anything beats it as a daily driver. It was a stupid buy, entirely dictated by me being stubborn.
I daily an Ariel Atom.

Sponsored

15GTPPinCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6M
I grew up in Detroit, from the 1980s through 2003 - making a stop at every Michigan U or College on my way out. MSU, FSU, Wayne, Lansing CC...

I was finally able to buy my 2nd mustang (6th ford) a couple months ago, and I love it more than I could possibly love a human.

1989 Mustang GT 5-MT
1994 Taurus SHO 5-MT
1995 Taurus SHO 5-MT
1995 Taurus SHO 4-AT
1994 Probe SE 5-MT
1999 Ranger 4x4 4.0L 4-AT
2001 Focus ZX3 2.0L 5-MT
2018 Fusion Sport 6-AT
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Sponsored