Sponsored

Front Bumper Got Hit While Parked! Body Shop Recommendations?

Faris14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium
The car was hit and run while it was parked in the parking lot. The insurance gave me the option to choose a body shop so we can get the estimated cost and go from there. I'm afraid that the paint will fade or crack in time. Now I'm looking for a quality body shop that can match the paint perfectly since Ruby Red is a hard color to match. I would like to hear of some places that you guys have been to or have heard good things about, preferably in the LA/OC county. Thank you.
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
sub'd

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
McCoy Mills Ford's collision center. My car is there now (someone rear ended me).

They are amazing and I wouldn't take my car anywhere else. My wife's old hatchback was rear ended and when we got it back you would have never known and the hatch closed perfectly and alignment was awesome. My sister's V6 S197 was there for a side panel/hood collision and again, you would never know. They had my old S197 GT for a rear end/side panel collision end of 2014 or beginning of 2015 can't recall and they returned it better than new. Keep in mind that was a 2005 that they painted correctly and even fixed some other issues for free. The paint matched and blended perfectly with the other panels.

Like I said, I got rear ended last week and I immediately took it to them that day. They are quick and do amazing work.

OP
OP

Faris14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium
McCoy Mills Ford's collision center. My car is there now (someone rear ended me).

They are amazing and I wouldn't take my car anywhere else. My wife's old hatchback was rear ended and when we got it back you would have never known and the hatch closed perfectly and alignment was awesome. My sister's V6 S197 was there for a side panel/hood collision and again, you would never know. They had my old S197 GT for a rear end/side panel collision end of 2014 or beginning of 2015 can't recall and they returned it better than new. Keep in mind that was a 2005 that they painted correctly and even fixed some other issues for free. The paint matched and blended perfectly with the other panels.

Like I said, I got rear ended last week and I immediately took it to them that day. They are quick and do amazing work.
Thank you for your recommendation bro. I made an appointment with them tomorrow to get the estimated cost. Beside the damage that happened to the bumper, my car has some paint defects from the factory, and Ford said they're gonna cover it under the warranty, so I think I'll just make them do it since the car is gonna be there for few days.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
This dealership sounds great. They were heavily involved in the squealing brake debacle from the first build. Awesome customer service...they even were helpful to me over the phone and I am not a customer.

Luckily, mine down here in San Diego, Kearny Pearson, is awesome as well. They have been fixing the misalignment issues, even after 15 months of ownership, when I finally got around to it. My service mgr texted me earlier this evening to tell me the adjustments turned out great. He really has gone to bat for me more than once.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
This is good to know. The thought had crossed my mind on who I would take my car to if/when I need bodywork repairs.

OP please post feedback of your experience after your car has had the repairs performed.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
My car got hit while parked today. It will need a new rear bumber, a tail light, and very small amount of sheet metal work. I would give McCoy Mills a try, but they are a bit too far away. Does anyone have a body shop that they would recommend near Santa Monica?

Thanks,

Mike

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My car got hit while parked today. It will need a new rear bumber, a tail light, and very small amount of sheet metal work. I would give McCoy Mills a try, but they are a bit too far away. Does anyone have a body shop that they would recommend near Santa Monica?

Thanks,

Mike
Wow, your damage sounds like exactly what mine was, bumper, one tail light assembly, etc. I don't know anyone else, but if you could deal with the drive I would HEAVILY recommend them. My 2016 still had paper plates when I got in my accident and if you look at it now you could never tell I was rear ended. They did a great job, no regrets, and even went through American Muscle to replace my exact h-pipe and mufflers.

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
This dealership sounds great. They were heavily involved in the squealing brake debacle from the first build. Awesome customer service...they even were helpful to me over the phone and I am not a customer.

Luckily, mine down here in San Diego, Kearny Pearson, is awesome as well. They have been fixing the misalignment issues, even after 15 months of ownership, when I finally got around to it. My service mgr texted me earlier this evening to tell me the adjustments turned out great. He really has gone to bat for me more than once.
Did your misalignment issues have anything to do with loud thud in the front end when turning while backing up?? I haven't been able to get Ford to figure it out yet. But it literally sounds like I hit something when it happens.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
same thing happen to me ,
no major damage just got paint taken off the corner of the bumper
under the headlight
i still have not fix it since i havent been home but looking to when i get back next week

Sponsored

1AGOFST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium -Ingot Silver
The car was hit and run while it was parked in the parking lot. The insurance gave me the option to choose a body shop so we can get the estimated cost and go from there. I'm afraid that the paint will fade or crack in time. Now I'm looking for a quality body shop that can match the paint perfectly since Ruby Red is a hard color to match. I would like to hear of some places that you guys have been to or have heard good things about, preferably in the LA/OC county. Thank you.
Just another angle, I just damaged my front bumper cover and ordered one from EBAY from Athens Ford in GA. It was used but in great shape(they claim it has 20 miles on it. $260 shipped. Just have to weigh the cost to see if it would be more effective for your needs and budget.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Did your misalignment issues have anything to do with loud thud in the front end when turning while backing up?? I haven't been able to get Ford to figure it out yet. But it literally sounds like I hit something when it happens.
Thankfully I have not experienced the loud thud you speak of, though I do have the auto transmission clank upon changing gears between Reverse and Park :lol:

Always something with these things, innit? :shrug:
Sponsored