Sponsored

Frameless Mirror?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
My connector made by him is under the dome light like you mentioned. The tabs are strong but you just have to pull on it harder and it will come off.
Sponsored

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
My connector made by him is under the dome light like you mentioned. The tabs are strong but you just have to pull on it harder and it will come off.
According to other threads, in 2018, Ford started using a different clip, making it much much more difficult to pull off without breaking.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's a pain to pull off in the newer cars but it comes out without breaking. Just yank on it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have this, stock, and I __love__ it, makes the rearview mirror totally disappear (which really adds to the whole convertible experience).

What was the final consensus about what cars have this? MY18+ with 401a? Smart & Safe? Both? (I'm 401a/S&S/vert/etc.)

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I too have the frameless mirror and love the sleekness.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Found one of these mirrors cheap from an auto salvage yard out of a crashed 2019, but it dims immediately as soon as I turn the car on, regardless of it being night or day :frown:

I'll probably wire a toggle on the 12v lead so I can just dim it when I want - plenty of room in the map light console to drill and install a little switch up there.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
U just have it wired wrong. Did the same to me but got it fixed and works as intended. Just been too long ago to remember what I changed wire wise.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
breeves02 can help

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aha. I currently have it wired green on mirror to pin 1 on the original harness, Yellow to pin 9, and black to pin 4.

If I disconnect the green, then the mirror undims.

@breeves002 , care to comment?

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You're probably looking at the pinout backwards for the larger connector.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're probably looking at the pinout backwards for the larger connector.
Just double-checked. Ground setup correct (since I can see which pin, nothing in the other row), power 2 pins below that on the end, and reverse signal in the other row, next to power. Must be a bad mirror or bad sensor, just goes full dark immediately when power applied.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thats the same issue I had at first and it was because the pinout was backwards. Its backwards at the mirror sorry, not the car end. Ground is always center so it doesn't matter but swap the other two pins it will solve your problem.

I'm not sure what connector you're using or if you just spliced in. It is confusing on the pinout and you read the pins backwards easily.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats the same issue I had at first and it was because the pinout was backwards. Its backwards at the mirror sorry, not the car end. Ground is always center so it doesn't matter but swap the other two pins it will solve your problem.

I'm not sure what connector you're using or if you just spliced in. It is confusing on the pinout and you read the pins backwards easily.
I soldered some pins on the wires on the mirror side. According to your harness, I'm 100% certain it's the correct ones (looking at the mirror side connector I cut off, and your picture, if the tab was up, the three wires would be on the left (Green, Yellow, Black) on the mirror harness.) There is a grey and a white wire on the right that I cut off short (not used). Thanks for your help.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is possible in that picture I had them backwards.
Sponsored