Forward facing parking camera

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Is there a way of installing a forward facing camera in the grill to gauge how close my car is to a wall/parking block/kerb.
I see installation video's on youtube like this one but they dont seem to be for US models. All other videos on youtube are for right hand drive mustangs.

Anyone seen or done such a thing on a left hand drive mustang?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
You mean like this?
No, not really. That product seems to be simply a proximity sensor like a backup sensor. The one I'm seeing in YouTube videos shows a view from the forward facing camera in the NAV display in the console.

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Might be easier to retrofit the camera into the grill and just mount the screen to the side
Nope, wouldn't you prefer the existing NAV screen to show it? Much less clutter.

Sponsored

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Nope, wouldn't you prefer the existing NAV screen to show it? Much less clutter.
Without a doubt, yes. That was just a simple to do option IMO if you needed something done ASAP.

99vert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've been looking for something similar and have been combing the forums. There is a US company that makes a dual camera adapter, Brandmotion 9002-2781, that would allow you to add a front camera. Its a bit pricey, ~$300, and you still need to buy a camera, but the image will come up on your display just like the rear camera does.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
There's got to be available Ford parts for this set-up as my 2017 Explorer Platinum has a front view camera that comes up in the Sync 3 display by simply pushing a button. I use it often when parking. I don't understand why they don't offer front mount cameras for sports cars with splitters that are low and susceptible to damage.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Curb Alert is another company that sells front parking camera systems. I just noticed they are now part of Brand Motion.

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking for something similar and have been combing the forums. There is a US company that makes a dual camera adapter, Brandmotion 9002-2781, that would allow you to add a front camera. Its a bit pricey, ~$300, and you still need to buy a camera, but the image will come up on your display just like the rear camera does.
It will end up costing more as it still needs the camera in addition to the 9001-2781 kit. Had there been more reviews when I bought my '19 GT I would have been interested. But now I just reverse into parking lots and use the rear camera. At home in my garage I have chalk markers on the floor to align with an imaginary marker on my door sill to guide me in.
Sponsored