Sponsored

Forscan problem

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Hello everyone,
I am trying to connect the Forscan software to my car and no dice. I bought the expensive ODB bluetooth, OBDLink MX for $70. I can see the bluetooth device, I can connect to it, but Forscan keeps saying it cannot find the bluetooth adapter even though it shows it in the drop down menu. I tried this with the OBDLink MX and the cheap ELM adapters.

I have tried with my phone and my laptop and get the same error either way. I go to bluetooth in my phone, I find the adapter, then I connect. I launch Forscan and go to connect. I find the bluetooth adapter in Forscan and hit connect.

Am I missing a step. I just saw a post to switch to COM and try, but I will have to wait until tonight. Any other tips would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you pair the devices?
Absolutely. Everything works as it should. But Forscan just says it can't find the Bluetooth even though it's listed in the drop down.

I can connect to the tork app just fine. Just not to Forscan.

OP
OP

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what kind of phone?
Galaxy S6 but also happens with the laptop. The only thing I can think is the Bluetooth and Forscan don't want to play together. As I said it pairs with phone and laptop. It allows me to connect to the Tork app just fine.

I'll post a video later of exactly what is happening. Pretty sure I'm doing everything right, but my girlfriend always tells me all the things I do wrong. Lol