2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I understand why this rule is in place but do we really thing the extra time given to the back markers is going to make one bit of difference. Up front sure but at the end of the day it is unlikely RB will be effected at all.

To catch RB??? No, it's not going to make a difference at all. I don't believe RB has even started pushing the car at 100% yet. It may be able to help change up the midfield IF they have the budget to allow the changes they find. But I don't think anyone is going to catch RB.

Max is a fantastic driver, and he has a car designed for him and the way he drives. On another forum I'm a part of that has a F1 thread, there is a guy with Max's shaft so far down his throat that this is only because of Max, it has zero to do with the car, all Max... Proven by how far off Perez is, and how Max win rate while not on pole shows Max is the best driver ever. (Even though Hamilton is just a pinch better win rate while not on pole that was 1000% car) I think that with Hamilton or even Alonso or Leclerc in the other RB car they would stay up with Max, it would be closer, but Max has a car developed for him. I think that's why Lewis was so good in the Mercs back then, and why Vettel went from winning races to nowhere with Ferrari, they designed a car around Leclerc and he jumped ahead of Vettel, you just don't lose it like that over a winter break. When you have a car designed around you, you get the most out of it..

I believe Max has that right now and there isn't any stopping him any time soon.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
To catch RB??? No, it's not going to make a difference at all. I don't believe RB has even started pushing the car at 100% yet. It may be able to help change up the midfield IF they have the budget to allow the changes they find. But I don't think anyone is going to catch RB.

Max is a fantastic driver, and he has a car designed for him and the way he drives. On another forum I'm a part of that has a F1 thread, there is a guy with Max's shaft so far down his throat that this is only because of Max, it has zero to do with the car, all Max... Proven by how far off Perez is, and how Max win rate while not on pole shows Max is the best driver ever. (Even though Hamilton is just a pinch better win rate while not on pole that was 1000% car) I think that with Hamilton or even Alonso or Leclerc in the other RB car they would stay up with Max, it would be closer, but Max has a car developed for him. I think that's why Lewis was so good in the Mercs back then, and why Vettel went from winning races to nowhere with Ferrari, they designed a car around Leclerc and he jumped ahead of Vettel, you just don't lose it like that over a winter break. When you have a car designed around you, you get the most out of it..

I believe Max has that right now and there isn't any stopping him any time soon.
Had this same discussion with a guy on line. He was trying to tell me that Max would accomplish the same in a Williams. I had to end the conversation. There are some delusional individuals on the net, when it comes to drivers and where their ability ends with a bad car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Had this same discussion with a guy on line. He was trying to tell me that Max would accomplish the same in a Williams. I had to end the conversation. There are some delusional individuals on the net, when it comes to drivers and where their ability ends with a bad car.
I think it would good fun to see Lewis and Max in a Williams or Alfa. But we also know what a great driver can do in a sub par car (Fernando in the old AM). Not much.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah, I get people dislike drivers, I really can't stand Max, but I would be a fool to discount his talent. He will be a future FIA Hall of Fame inductee for sure. I believe Hamilton is GOAT of F1. I think Max can get there if he stays long enough and RB stay on top. I know others disagree. What kills me is when they act like Lewis doesn't have any talent or Max doesn't have any talent and stuff like that. Or ones that really don't have a clue and are DTS fans and act like they know everything about F1.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Yeah, I get people dislike drivers, I really can't stand Max, but I would be a fool to discount his talent. He will be a future FIA Hall of Fame inductee for sure. I believe Hamilton is GOAT of F1. I think Max can get there if he stays long enough and RB stay on top. I know others disagree. What kills me is when they act like Lewis doesn't have any talent or Max doesn't have any talent and stuff like that. Or ones that really don't have a clue and are DTS fans and act like they know everything about F1.
Donā€™t get me wrong I like Max. Whatā€™s him , Alonzo and Lewis is amazing having three drivers like that competing on the same track. Three drivers at the top of their game. I donā€™t see Max losing anything in ability till he decides to retire. I also feel heā€™s going to be smart and get out while heā€™s on top. Something like Nico did. I donā€™t think that Lewis is going to have a chance at getting number eight. Heā€™s going to need a car along the lines of a RB or Aston. I donā€™t know if MB is going to get there and be dominant as they were. Iā€™d like to see a good fight upfront between all three. Having 3 different drivers champions in 3 years it would be fun and exciting to say the least. But I donā€™t foresee that happening

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I understand why this rule is in place but do we really thing the extra time given to the back markers is going to make one bit of difference. Up front sure but at the end of the day it is unlikely RB will be effected at all.
RB? No. Zero impact. A speed bump in their development cycle.

The wind tunnel time on a graduated scale is a ray of hope. A glint of sunshine. A lesser team wrestling with a fundamental issue might finally break free, no longer resigned to always bringing up the rear, while pocketing some extra $ for next season. Or, maybe it will give them a handful of additional points, earning them a few more millions in the future.

I did do some reading on prize money and points, focusing on the bottom five teams.

https://sportscriber.com/f1/forumula-1-prize-money/

https://www.one37pm.com/sports/f1-constructors-payout

Payouts to all teams consists primarily of Column 1 and Column 2 money.

Column 1 is gifted to all teams which have been in F1 for some time. Last quoted numbers, all teams got the same payout.

Column 2 money is gifted to all teams, based on points. Between the bottom five, the differences were between as little as $1M to $10M.

While a back marker isn't going to make a great leap in one season, the additional time could net them some much needed cash while improving their future. Gives them a chance versus virtually none if things remained the same. That's the hope. We'll see how things go this season and next.

Big picture-wise, I don't see any significant shakeups until the next set of rules changes, additional constructors and engine builders, in 2026.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
RB? No. Zero impact. A speed bump in their development cycle.

The wind tunnel time on a graduated scale is a ray of hope. A glint of sunshine. A lesser team wrestling with a fundamental issue might finally break free, no longer resigned to always bringing up the rear, while pocketing some extra $ for next season. Or, maybe it will give them a handful of additional points, earning them a few more millions in the future.

I did do some reading on prize money and points, focusing on the bottom five teams.

https://sportscriber.com/f1/forumula-1-prize-money/

https://www.one37pm.com/sports/f1-constructors-payout

Payouts to all teams consists primarily of Column 1 and Column 2 money.

Column 1 is gifted to all teams which have been in F1 for some time. Last quoted numbers, all teams got the same payout.

Column 2 money is gifted to all teams, based on points. Between the bottom five, the differences were between as little as $1M to $10M.

While a back marker isn't going to make a great leap in one season, the additional time could net them some much needed cash while improving their future. Gives them a chance versus virtually none if things remained the same. That's the hope. We'll see how things go this season and next.

Big picture-wise, I don't see any significant shakeups until the next set of rules changes, additional constructors and engine builders, in 2026.
So my take away is that Ferrari gets all this extra money, has/had some of the best drivers, and still cannot win. That has to tell you something.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Have to take issue with one thing. Ferarri could fxck up a wet dream. Vettel was smart to get the hell out of Ferarri. I bet of you could ask him if heā€™d do it again and heā€™d say no if he was honest. This will upset some but with what Ferarri has at its disposal Iā€™d argue itā€™s the worst team on the grid in results.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So my take away is that Ferrari gets all this extra money, has/had some of the best drivers, and still cannot win. That has to tell you something.
I wouldnā€™t sleep on Ferrari and Iā€™ll tell you why. The FIA is about making money. How exciting would it be that in ā€˜26 when the rules change yet again Ferrari would be on top??? Everyone was talking when the hybrid era began that MB had a heads up on what was about to happen. How else could they be so dominant?

Now you have another untouchable team and who was around when ground effects were first developed? You guessed it Adrian, no one else on the paddock or any other team had this advantage.

Remember that F1 and the FIA are all about one thing making money. If Ferrari started to ā€œwinā€ in ā€˜26 that would be a cash cow.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Lost me a bit there. Are you saying Redbull was given a heads up? Donā€™t think there was a coincidence between merc and wolf coming in and being dominant. Sarcasm on that. I donā€™t think any particular team will cause the sport to lose or make more money currently. Popularity is there for sure, but weā€™ll see if they screw it up like Nascar did in the long run.

I wouldnā€™t sleep on Ferrari and Iā€™ll tell you why. The FIA is about making money. How exciting would it be that in ā€˜26 when the rules change yet again Ferrari would be on top??? Everyone was talking when the hybrid era began that MB had a heads up on what was about to happen. How else could they be so dominant?

Now you have another untouchable team and who was around when ground effects were first developed? You guessed it Adrian, no one else on the paddock or any other team had this advantage.

Remember that F1 and the FIA are all about one thing making money. If Ferrari started to ā€œwinā€ in ā€˜26 that would be a cash cow.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Have to take issue with one thing. Ferarri could fxck up a wet dream. Vettel was smart to get the hell out of Ferarri. I bet of you could ask him if heā€™d do it again and heā€™d say no if he was honest. This will upset some but with what Ferarri has at its disposal Iā€™d argue itā€™s the worst team on the grid in results.
I agree with you. I don't know what it is about Ferrari and how they can mess up strategy soooo very bad.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/66053065

A series of comments by LH, with some by MV, on ending periods of team dominance in F1.

Reader comment with most :thumbsup: thus far, "The article should read "Hamilton doesn't want Max Verstappen breaking all his records."

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/66053065

A series of comments by LH, with some by MV, on ending periods of team dominance in F1.

Reader comment with most :thumbsup: thus far, "The article should read "Hamilton doesn't want Max Verstappen breaking all his records."
That may be but he has a good point. Dominance is boring, period. It doesn't matter who is doing it. But for all the forms of automotive racing it is most boring in F1. But the fans of the dominant team love it and everyone else hates it. I do not see this changing anytime in the near future.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So here we go again. Another stupid sprint weekend. Just MHO, of course. One practice session and then straight to qualifying. Just ridiculous. Tomorrow is strictly a money grab and then, finally, a real race on Sunday.

Anyone betting against Max this weekend? Not me.
Sponsored