Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I happen to think he made a good call.
Of course you would, because you happen to dislike Hamilton.
When a referee makes a strange, unexplainable decision that suddenly gives one of the teams a huge undeserved advantage, that team's fans will always think he made a good call. It's all about whose side you're on.
Ask the Argentinians what they think about Maradona's "hand of God". I'm sure most of them would say they don't mind it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Of course you would, because you happen to dislike Hamilton.
When a referee makes a strange, unexplainable decision that suddenly gives one of the teams a huge undeserved advantage, that team's fans will always think the made a good call. It's all about whose side you're on.
Hello; If only such were true. I do not care for Hamilton to be sure, but that does not preclude my also wanting races to be races and not determined by some referee's call. I do like the attempts by NASCAR to prevent finishes under caution.

I also did not happen to dislike Hamilton. His attitudes and actions over a span of time generated my dislike for him as a driver/personality. I suspect those actions reflect his base personality but maybe he has a very different persona away from the tracks.
By the end of his career, I had a dislike for Michael Schumaker as well for many of the same reasons. In fact he likely outdid Hamilton in terms of negative qualities. But Hamilton is still going so may surpass before he quits.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I’ve read that Lewis talked to Max and didn’t blame him and he would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed. Masi to blame.
Certainly can't blame the drivers...they will win at any cost.

Masi is definitely the culprit.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Same situation in that max did nothing wrong.
He did nothing wrong per se, but he was nevertheless fully aware all the time that he was taking advantage of an unusual situation that had arisen due to a corrupt official's attempt to help him personally.
Whereas Hamilton was completely oblivious to what had happened with Massa and Piquet and didn't make direct use of that event to win. He didn't even know about it until it reached the newspapers.

I would say it's not the same situation. Stripping someone of a title that he has won fair and square, without having any knowledge whatosever of the event in question and without making direct use of it, would be grossly unfair. Stripping someone of a title that he knows full well was won as a direct consequence of a cheat (even though technically he didn't cheat himself) wouldn't be.

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Had Masi just brought in the SC and leave the cars lapped where they were, I’d see that as fine. Would have been just a continuation of the race. But he didn’t because he’s a former Red Bull employee.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Honestly discussing 2021 is almost as pointless as Massa suing F1. What’s done is done. Unless, of course……….🤔🤔

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Yeah, I know. Let’s move on. Who’s excited for the Australian GP and another Red Bull 1-2 and Ferrari 3?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
He did nothing wrong per se, but he was nevertheless fully aware all the time that he was taking advantage of an unusual situation that had arisen due to a corrupt official's attempt to help him personally.
Masi just brought in the SC and leave the cars lapped where they were, I’d see that as fine. Would have been just a continuation of the race. But he didn’t because he’s a former Red Bull employee.
discussing 2021 is almost as pointless as Massa suing F1.
Hello; I watch NFL football again after a few years of boycott. I see quarterbacks take advantage of a defense offside to throw a free pass. If intercepted it will not count. If caught by his receiver he gets to decline the penalty.
I get the point you guys make. The call went against Hamilton so Max took advantage and Masi was a corrupted ex RB guy.
Massa suing F1 has the point of possibly taking away one of Hamilton's championships. I do not see such an outcome as it will open all sorts of worm cans. I do, however see why it is cast as pointless.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
For …ks sake, not this again. How about when Hamilton punted Verstappen and got a pass. Max got a dnf and Hamilton picked up a shxt load of points by wrecking Verstappen. If you want to blame some one, blame merc, they should have pitted. Plain ane simple. You don’t get to pick and chose, and conveneintly ignore the sum of the whole season and cry foul at the end because it didn’t go his way. And the corrupt shxt is just that, shxt. Want to talk about Toto and his pit bs with Redbull, how about Toto and his bouncy car and crying foul. The list is long with Wolff and his shenanigans, right down to his personal lawyer joing the staff of the FIA and his wife currently.

Whereas Hamilton was completely oblivious to what had happened with Massa and Piquet and didn't make direct use of that event to win. He didn't even know about it until it reached the newspapers.

I would say it's not the same situation. Stripping someone of a title that he has won fair and square, without having any knowledge whatosever of the event in question and without making direct use of it, would be grossly unfair. Stripping someone of a title that he knows full well was won as a direct consequence of a cheat (even though technically he didn't cheat himself) wouldn't be.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The hamilton fanboys will always complain when it doesn’t go his way, but turn a blind eye when he gets a pass. The list is long with what’s benefited him and not others in years past.

Hello; I watch NFL football again after a few years of boycott. I see quarterbacks take advantage of a defense offside to throw a free pass. If intercepted it will not count. If caught by his receiver he gets to decline the penalty.
I get the point you guys make. The call went against Hamilton so Max took advantage and Masi was a corrupted ex RB guy.
Massa suing F1 has the point of possibly taking away one of Hamilton's championships. I do not see such an outcome as it will open all sorts of worm cans. I do, however see why it is cast as pointless.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
How about when Hamilton punted Verstappen and got a pass. Max got a dnf and Hamilton picked up a shxt load of points by wrecking Verstappen. If you want to blame some one, blame merc, they should have pitted. Plain ane simple. You don’t get to pick and chose, and conveneintly ignore the sum of the whole season and cry foul at the end because it didn’t go his way.
The list is long with Wolff and his shenanigans, right down to his personal lawyer joing the staff of the FIA and his wife currently.
Hello; Love this.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For …ks sake, not this crap again. How about when Hamilton punted Verstappen and got a pass. Max got a dnf and Hamilton picked up a shxt load of points by wrecking Verstappen. If you want to blame some one, blame merc, they should have pitted. Plain ane simple. You don’t get to pick and chose, and conveneintly ignore the sum of the whole season and cry foul at the end because it didn’t go his way. And the corrupt shxt is just that, shxt. Want to talk about Toto and his pit bs with Redbull, how about Toto and his bouncy car and crying foul. The list is long with Wolff and his shenanigans, right down to his personal lawyer joing the staff of the FIA and his wife currently.
Hey, I’m the one who said this was old news and to move on. 🤭 That said, if the Massa lawsuit gets any traction who know what other “incidents“ could be reopened. Yeah just gotta love F1. :facepalm:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hey, I’m the one who said this was old news and to move on. 🤭 That said, if the Massa lawsuit gets any traction who know what other “incidents“ could be reopened. Yeah just gotta love F1. :facepalm:
Hello; If Massa get a judgment then post race shows will have pundits/ lawyers deciding who won.

Saw a joke right after the last Superbowl. Went something like overnight the 49ers were awarded two touchdowns so they are the winers of the Superbowl.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
So anyways, Bearman. I hope he doesn’t end up at Haas. That would be a waste.