Formula 1 talk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Those same clowns were crickets when merc and hamilton were doing well.
And Seb, and Michael. Although, honestly, Max is in a different solar system. The good news is that the mid field fighting has been really interesting. So just forget Max and watch the other 19 drivers.

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m in the US, and don’t pay attention to those ..nker publications. :crackup:

Max is definitely a different level, as is RB. However, the same discussion definitely took place regarding Hamilton and MB:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motorsport/9064364/f1-hamilton-boring-mercedes-bottas/

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/v...-incredibly-boring-admits-driver-sergio-perez

Happens in every sport. Plenty of people rooted against Ali or Tom Brady, just because.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
LOL, the "if my news source doesn't say it, it can't be true" philosophy? LOL

Funny thing about "those ...nker publications:"
Sun: British
Guardian: British
PlanetF1 (source that led to your original comment about the "same clowns")...British

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-crazy-to-boring/

US coverage of F1 tends to be drawn from European outlets.
Hello; I cannot answer for inthehighdesert to be sure, but I do not pay attention to the sources you mention. By that I mean I do not read them at all generally. From time to time someone will post a link in this thread and i sometimes look at a few of them.
Pretty much I get my F1 information from TV coverage only. Also, pretty much a shame considering the talking heads of the last few years.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hello; I cannot answer for inthehighdesert to be sure, but I do not pay attention to the sources you mention. By that I mean I do not read them at all generally. From time to time someone will post a link in this thread and i sometimes look at a few of them.
Pretty much I get my F1 information from TV coverage only. Also, pretty much a shame considering the talking heads of the last few years.
Yeah, that's probably true of most of us. Was just highlighting the irony of the discussion about "the same clowns," who happen to all be from non-US media outlets.

Related, as infuriating as they can be, F1 provides a good, objective summary of the most recent race (in my subjective opinion):

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ll-bag-1-2-finish.40AcUp3Pc8WMkmETKkngxo.html

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That was really really sad deal. It’s different for sure now to without Rossi in it as well.

I like MOTOGP but not a fan to be honest. I stopped watching after Simoncelli died. I watched that race and never really got into it again. I don’t know why but I just didn’t.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I love F1 but have to disagree a bit. Motogp is hands down the best racing on asphalt. WEC is amazing as well. :rockon:
I loved MotoGP, this is the first year that I can remember, since like 2006 maybe that I haven't paid for the access pass. IDK if it's because my favorite riders are gone. Hayden, Spies, Rossi and I just don't find anyone else as exciting or that it's just the "Ducati Cup" now, but it's just not the same. One person that I wished I never hated on as much as I did was Pedrosa. I just never forgave him for what he did to Hayden that year and from that point on disliked him, but now it's like dude was a scrapper and I miss it. He really deserved a Championship.

All that said and getting back to F1, the rumor of AlphaTauri aka "Boss" or "Boss Orange" next year running this years RB19 race car....... Wonder how that is going to work and im sure the likes of Mercedes and McLaren will protest... if its true.

All-conquering Red Bull RB19 strongly rumoured to be staying on F1 2024 grid : PlanetF1

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I don’t disagree with any of that. I’m in the same boat. I miss the guys of old and not so old. Miss that guy around the sport a lot. Class act. Got to meet him when he signed this. On the F1 side and the RB19, not sure there’s anything the others can do about it. Agree they’ll try. If that rumor’s true the way that could go could be very bad for the rest of the field. Don’t think the others are going to catch that car any time soon. And assuming Redbulls natural trajectory that means a new car would be even better.

IMG_0622.jpeg

I loved MotoGP, this is the first year that I can remember, since like 2006 maybe that I haven't paid for the access pass. IDK if it's because my favorite riders are gone. Hayden, Spies, Rossi and I just don't find anyone else as exciting or that it's just the "Ducati Cup" now, but it's just not the same. One person that I wished I never hated on as much as I did was Pedrosa. I just never forgave him for what he did to Hayden that year and from that point on disliked him, but now it's like dude was a scrapper and I miss it. He really deserved a Championship.

All that said and getting back to F1, the rumor of AlphaTauri aka "Boss" or "Boss Orange" next year running this years RB19 race car....... Wonder how that is going to work and im sure the likes of Mercedes and McLaren will protest... if its true.

All-conquering Red Bull RB19 strongly rumoured to be staying on F1 2024 grid : PlanetF1

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Now we know why Max didn't pit to go for fastest lap.

Multiple news sources report that Checo's contract includes massive salary and bonus cuts should he finish the season more than 125 points behind Max. What greater love than stopping at 125 point lead? Now Checo owes him one (assuming Max lets him win half the remaining races)!

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don’t disagree with any of that. I’m in the same boat. I miss the guys of old and not so old. Miss that guy around the sport a lot. Class act. Got to meet him when he signed this. On the F1 side and the RB19, not sure there’s anything the others can do about it. Agree they’ll try. If that rumor’s true the way that could go could be very bad for the rest of the field. Don’t think the others are going to catch that car any time soon. And assuming Redbulls natural trajectory that means a new car would be even better.

IMG_0622.jpeg
That’s awesome. I don’t have a single autograph of anyone. Just asking another guy for a signature… idk…. Something I regret with him.. Quick story of a long long time ago. End of winter in 2002, Texas World Speedway. I was camping over night, first time at this track, second time ever at a track. I worked at a motorcycle dealership in central Texas. (Killeen PowerSports at the time) My boss at the time raced amateur with CMRA. We are sitting by a fire cooking out and there are a lot of big trucks there and stuff. Older guy about the same age as my boss comes over, it’s Earl, then Tommie and Nicky come over and then Ben Spies sits down. We were introduced and all but I had no idea who these guys were. We were all young, I think I was 23 at the time. We sat around that fire most the night listening to them swap stories and all. Next day mid afternoon I’m coming out the last corner onto the banked straight and knee not quite down yet lol, but Nicky, Ben and Tommie come flying by… must’ve been 30mph faster at least lol. They were in any session they wanted. Few weeks later I watch Nicky win the Daytona 200.

I was once again able to “hang out” with Nicky in 2011 very briefly and was able to meet Marco, Rossi, Edwards along with Spies again. Seen how small Dani actually was but I didn’t go talk to him. All that was thanks to SCRAMP and a friends sister who lived in Monterey.

I have pictures some where in a shoe box of the Hayden brothers and Ben and me and Pat my boss, they didn’t have camera phones then lol. And a SD card has pictures with me and Hayden in the Honda hospitality tent and behind stage with Spies and Marco. Then you can see Edwards, Spies and Rossi on a golf cart in front of me.. I need to find them and post them up.