FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
K.. You were a cop. So you think a cop asking me to illegally rev my engine will stick in court ? In case you missed it:

Unnecessary noise
169(3) No person shall start, drive, turn or stop a motor vehicle, or accelerate the motor of a motor vehicle while it is stationary, in such a manner as to cause any loud and unnecessary noise in, or from, the engine, exhaust system or braking system, or from contact of tires with the roadway.
no. I was talking about the speeding tickets here people was referring too saying they have no bite, they indeed do.

I said this is different. this is not the same as the speeding. your case is just weird, ive never heard of something like that or would ever imagine a officer requesting it.

seems stupid petty/dumb
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
your case is just weird
It gets weirder. This was under the guise of a dui checkstop and not once did he asked if I was drinking. #noisetax

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and so should be the idea of "quotas" and anything else that incentivizes departments to operate as essentially for-profit enterprise.
see, quotas are a myth to me, we never operated under any reward system/or quotas, we had some officers who literally did nothing and never cited anything, he could watch people hopping over sidewalks or curbs right tin front of him and he wouldn't give a damn. but he was almost retiring. but I can see it in some places.

now, my comment earlier about school zones, we would crack down hard when there would be complaints/reports on certain areas. ie. people started blowing through school zones hard for no apparent reason, became real common, so we would enforce that area hard for awhile and take our sweet time on the tickets to show that there's enforcement in that area for others to witness and help prevent future speeding.

but I digress.

OP has no issue here, it'll get tossed. but! they may still charge him court fees. I had a ticket on my motorcycle by a dickhead cop, he gave me "no front license plate" on a motorcycle ticket, (THEY DONT HAVE FRONT plates) he laughed as he gave me it, knew it was bogus. I went to court, the judge tossed it, but then said I owe 100 in court fees. I asked about him getting corrective training and the judge laughed and said dont waste her time.

think they was in cahoots on those qouta/tickets to get funding for the city. speculation though. ridiculous. only ticket on my record search history

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.35.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.37.13 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP has no issue here, it'll get tossed. but! they may still charge him court fees.
I ain't paying court fee's either. For obvious reasons: I did nothing wrong.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Our Sheriff would ream a Deputy screwing with people over minor BS like a muffler ticket. One of his deputies is a patient of mine and said as much. My son has catless LTH through Corsa Extreme exhaust. Too loud for my taste. But driving like you have sense it is not so loud. The deputy lives by our son and said I know when he comes and leaves. LOL

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice edit. But estimates don’t hold up in court. Ever! Only hard facts hold up in court. A radar gun doesn’t even hold up in court without a yearly certification. Pay attention. The next time you are clocked with a radar gun. Request a discovery package from the prosecution. Ask for the certification on the radar equipment used. They are rarely up to date as they have to be taken out of service for an extended period of time. And sent to a third party for calibration. Without a current cert. The judge has no choice but to throw the case out. It’s a dirty little secret that most don’t know about. Police would rather lose a few cases. Than take a radar gun out of service. If you think I’m bullshitting. Google what I just said. Now back to this training and estimates you speak of. Or more specific how does a guesstimate stand up in court?
Depends on the State. In Michigan, State Police are trained to estimate speed but they use their speedometer (an actual measurement) and pace you. there are guidelines (their speedometer must be regularly calibrated and must show proof in court) on how it is performed and they must be trained consistently for it to hold up in court but it will 100% of the time if they are trained. I got a ticket for it myself. I actually called the cop a liar when he handed me the ticket. Felt bad about it latter after looking up the law.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I ain't paying court fee's either. For obvious reasons: I did nothing wrong.
Go to the DA's office or court clerk and try to get it tossed before you hit a courtroom.

I've only had to defend one ticket, it was during a click-it-or-ticket campaign. I won and did not have to pay court costs.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Go to the DA's office or court clerk and try to get it tossed before you hit a courtroom.

I've only had to defend one ticket, it was during a click-it-or-ticket campaign. I won and did not have to pay court costs.
Will do. That's the first ticket I ever got. Straight up fine. No 'fix it' ticket. Noise tax.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
go into the court room, walk up to the cop, slap them in the face and ask him when the last time he was laid was. Then walk out.

Status
Not open for further replies.