2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Unreal, car is 16 months old, stored in a climate controlled storage facility, reducing any exposure to moisture. And I discover this under my door handle today...
Screenshot_20240217-203604.png
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think that’s corrosion, I suspect that’s a paint flaw that’s been there (and not noticed) from new ? :frown:

WD :like:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think that’s corrosion, I suspect that’s a paint flaw that’s been there (and not noticed) from new ? :frown:

Yes, it feels gritty not bubbling. Someone suggested that the doors are both steel and aluminium and there's an issue combining them?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a reaction when using aluminium skins on steel framed / backed panels - but I don’t think our doors are aluminium ? (Fenders and hood only ? But I could be wrong …)

Typically though, those reactions would start where the two panels touch / join i.e. not in the middle of a solid / single material area like your spot appears to be (do you have any photos from further back ?).

I think your issue is an inclusion in the paint (there from new), but a good body shop would confirm either way.

I know your eye will see it all the time now, but if I was you and if it is an inclusion, I would just monitor it to check it doesn’t get any worse (the paint thickness / protection could be compromised due to the inclusion) - use your photo as a comparison for future checks.

I you try to fix it, you could end up worse off (paint match / paint blending issues etc) …

Even just a cursory look around a S550 in the showroom, it’s rare that I found one without a paint or body defect - and that’s just a quick walk around, without looking closely … :frown:

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Looks like weld splatter or something perhaps? I have a very small one on my drivers rear quarter panel. It is what it is.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I’d be filling that with paint, doors are definitely all steel.
Fords aren’t what they used to be unfortunately :(

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I can't imagine that that's gone unnoticed with the amount of pics you've taken and as much I can only imagine you've cleaned and polished it since new. I know every square inch of mine since the day I bought it. Keep an eye on it. Document it .
make sure the dealership knows about it. It will be covered under rust through if it does keep going. Hopefully it is just a paint flaw not corrosion . Good luck

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The doors are steel, although I never tried a magnet in that spot. I now have four small body shop issues. At some point, I'll just pay for it myself and have them all made perfect.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
That’s what warranty is for. It sucks that they will have to mess with the factory paint and blend it, but at least it won’t cost anything. Just make sure to check out other paintwork they have done before you allow them to fix it. If you aren’t happy with what you see, take it to a different dealer.
It happened to me on one of my Mustangs and fortunately the Dealer had an amazing paint and body shop, and it came out great.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I’d be filling that with paint, doors are definitely all steel.
Fords aren’t what they used to be unfortunately :(
I think Ford US has been behind European built Ford's for pretty much ever. Valencia built cars are really good.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I think Ford US has been behind European built Ford's for pretty much ever. Valencia built cars are really good.
Hello; Another dig at the USA. You and the mate from Australia criticize US often.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
The transit connect sport I just got rid of would make me very much disagree lolol

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
What version was it? What problems did you have?
2019 1.5 euro6
Garbage, nothing but problems with it, switchgear, A/C, dpf, adblue (had to have it mapped out) ate brakes and ball joints. I’ve bought a new 2.0 Vivaro Pro instead as I just had enough. My previous 2016 was faultless and better screwed together imo

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_7941.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: