SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
@Golden goner, when selling it'd be something I'd mention to the prospective buyer that it's got grippier tyres than the stock rubbish, if the option comes up 2 at the same price, youd go for the 'safer' one ;)!
We're back at the "95% of owners aren't on the forums". Most people refit the original fitment tyres on their cars religiously every time. If the two cars were absolutely identical other than tyres and you got a knowledgeable buyer then fair enough, the Michelin car is the one to go for. In the real world though there will always be some other deciding factor (general condition, etc). Tyres are easy to change; kerbed wheels, dodgy electrics, race red paint...not so much ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We're back at the "95% of owners aren't on the forums". Most people refit the original fitment tyres on their cars religiously every time. If the two cars were absolutely identical other than tyres and you got a knowledgeable buyer then fair enough, the Michelin car is the one to go for. In the real world though there will always be some other deciding factor (general condition, etc). Tyres are easy to change; kerbed wheels, dodgy electrics, race red paint...not so much ;)
I almost gave a fk about your post until the last bit :lol::lol:!!

Tyres are easy to change but not many wanna shift £200 a corner after forking 30 odd on a car.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Tyres are easy to change but not many wanna shift £200 a corner after forking 30 odd on a car.
Plenty on here did... :thumbsup:
I'm no mechanical expert or car guy but when buying second hand cars (which is all i've ever done pre-Mustang) I will spend a fair amount of time looking round for things that don't look right. Tyre tread i'd take into account when negotiating (which I'm also sh*t at) but manufacturer, not really. Maybe I should :shrug:

PS. at time of order, race red was #2 on my list :thumbsup:

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
wonder how much a 2018MY with Magnetic dampers and active exhaust will cost ...£45K ??

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
wonder how much a 2018MY with Magnetic dampers and active exhaust will cost ...£45K ??

I am guessing:

- Base V8 (Current PP suspension): £38,950
- Sync 3, NAV, Shaker: £995
- Heated wheel: £250
- Recaro: £995
- Carbon interior pack: £295

- 10-speed auto: £1995
- Active exhaust: £1195
- Magnetic ride: £995
- 19" Forged wheels: £495

- Rear Spoiler: £395
- Stripes, black roof, black mirror options blah blah.

I think MY18 with the good stuff will very easily become a 45k car for sure, maybe bit less or a bit more.

Still how much is an M4 with EDC and other tech options to bring it on parr and note it has less power and a crappy sounding engine, oh and they come with Pzero too. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I am guessing:

- Base V8 (Current PP suspension): £38,950
- Sync 3, NAV, Shaker: £995
- Heated wheel: £250
- Recaro: £995
- Carbon interior pack: £295

- 10-speed auto: £1995
- Active exhaust: £1195
- Magnetic ride: £995
- 19" Forged wheels: £495

- Rear Spoiler: £395
- Stripes, black roof, black mirror options blah blah.

I think MY18 with the good stuff will very easily become a 45k car for sure, maybe bit less or a bit more.

Still how much is an M4 with EDC and other tech options to bring it on parr and note it has less power and a crappy sounding engine, oh and they come with Pzero too. :D
They aint gonna sell Sync 3 as an optional extra surely?!

also carbon interior pack at £300, are they giving us like a dash in carbon for that because regardless, that's cheap as sh1t, I've seen some of the 'carbon trim' options on 'certain other cars' it's a few k. The dash after market for a S550.1 is $900

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They aint gonna sell Sync 3 as an optional extra surely?!

also carbon interior pack at £300, are they giving us like a dash in carbon for that because regardless, that's cheap as sh1t, I've seen some of the 'carbon trim' options on 'certain other cars' it's a few k. The dash after market for a S550.1 is $900

What I mean by SYNC 3 is just the infotainment package such as NAV/Shaker, I sure suspect SYNC 3 will be default on all cars, cannot see them offering that crappy no display one any more.

I am guessing Ford Interior Trim package is not real carbon, but carbon effect, hence the low price. ;)

If its real carbon then yes probably around 1k extra.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What I mean by SYNC 3 is just the infotainment package such as NAV/Shaker, I sure suspect SYNC 3 will be default on all cars, cannot see them offering that crappy no display one any more.

I am guessing Ford Interior Trim package is not real carbon, but carbon effect, hence the low price. ;)

If its real carbon then yes probably around 1k extra.
That explains it, so yeah, Nav + Shaker, S3 as standard.

If it's dipped/fake carbon/carbon print whatever way they do it, then that explains the cost, was going to say if you know a way to get real carbon that cheap, a lot of people would be very interested in a chat with you :lol::lol:!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That explains it, so yeah, Nav + Shaker, S3 as standard.

If it's dipped/fake carbon/carbon print whatever way they do it, then that explains the cost, was going to say if you know a way to get real carbon that cheap, a lot of people would be very interested in a chat with you :lol::lol:!
Well I know guys who make carbon stuff with real carbon in Bulgaria, great prices, but as of now Mustang stuff does not interest them.

But to give you an idea of how good the price is, I have a full roof in genuine carbon with laquer for the M3 coming, £570 shipped and the quality is superb. :)

A roof is a lot of carbon and really hard to make due to its size and curvature. Saves me 10kg up top, wings being done as well, a further 6kg saving.

Aiming to get the M3 down to 1290kg, it needs to be faster! :D

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
+£3500 for the same spec as mine now and you can't get the Orange anymore, which is nice for us 150 owners in the UK to know :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well I know guys who make carbon stuff with real carbon in Bulgaria, great prices, but as of now Mustang stuff does not interest them.

But to give you an idea of how good the price is, I have a full roof in genuine carbon with laquer for the M3 coming, £570 shipped and the quality is superb. :)

A roof is a lot of carbon and really hard to make due to its size and curvature. Saves me 10kg up top, wings being done as well, a further 6kg saving.

Aiming to get the M3 down to 1290kg, it needs to be faster! :D
Should have told mac before he dropped 3k on a hood!!! :lol:

Hopefully u don't get a 'certain companies' issue with the CF and it peeling off from the laquer (someones CF weave flew off from the hood!)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should have told mac before he dropped 3k on a hood!!! :lol:

Hopefully u don't get a 'certain companies' issue with the CF and it peeling off from the laquer (someones CF weave flew off from the hood!)
Should not, they being at it a while in BM world, was originally for race cars, but they realised demand was higher for street cars and they can charge more for such applications, though of course the quality has to go up as well as us road car owners are a lot more picky. :D

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Plenty on here did... :thumbsup:
I'm no mechanical expert or car guy but when buying second hand cars (which is all i've ever done pre-Mustang) I will spend a fair amount of time looking round for things that don't look right. Tyre tread i'd take into account when negotiating (which I'm also sh*t at) but manufacturer, not really. Maybe I should :shrug:

PS. at time of order, race red was #2 on my list :thumbsup:
Before forums and me becoming geeky about cars, like I am with motorcycles, I bought a Citroen DS for about £1300. Around the mid 90s.

Not only did it have 4 different brands of tyres, it also had 3 different size wheels :D

I didn't realise for ages.

Stupidly I also sold it on for what I paid for it about a year later.

Hindsight eh!
Sponsored