Sponsored

Ford perimeter plus alarm is crying wolves! Someone got into the car

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Should not leave a dog in the car when shopping?
If I see an unattended dog in a car I would be very tempted to break the window to rescue it. In fact, in my state they passed a law that you are not liable for any damages if one would do so.

I'd certainly look for an owner, but if it was a hot day (relatively) I wouldn't look too hard.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Man, if I saw a dog locked in a hot car I'm smashing that window in a NY second.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
come on guys, some of you are assuming the dog is in a roasting hot car. Give the guy some credit that hes not that dumb. I leave my dog in my truck all the time, but never when its going to get hot and harm the dog, I will assume the poster who leaves the dog in his car is smarter than that. He did buy a Mustang, so hes got to be pretty smart!

OP
OP
Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
ok, the thread is officially derailed.

I want to adopt a cat. Should I be occasionally leaving it in the car?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Yes, that's my primary suspicion. I was just not sure how difficult it was. Now I want to learn how to do this, just for fun.

Yes, I realized that one can steal the code while you're opening or closing the car. I did not realize that they could do that just by being near the key even when we're not using it. (I often have the key attached to my belt, very visible and easy to pass by.)

thanks, that sounds like a good idea now.

No, I don't think that's possible. There probably was more than 150 feet from the car to the room.

When we stop the car, there's an option (on the dash) to either enable all sensors or outside sensors only. I guess if you select the latter option, it won't be triggered by the dog inside. On the flip side, burglars probably won't want to mess with the dog, so you're covered either way.

Yeah these were Ray Ban glassesā€”apparently popular among people. Funny thing is, they were with prescription lenses, hence useless for anyone except my wife. Of course the thieves did not check that, given that they probably were in a hurry. And the binocular was a good one, but nothing special. Costed us ~$60 maybe.

Another funny thing is they did not even take our walkie-talkies. They look cool but are actually dirt cheap, we got them for like ~$30. So, apparently whoever was in the car, knows their shit.

Good question! I, of course, have no idea. But it's not an aftermarket thing. Ford sold us that, and dealer installed it, so I assume they're compatible.

haha, yes, that's another possibility for sure. But I'm almost confident I did. Hard to tell from now!
150 is nothing. I can unlock, lock or even remote start from 200 plus feet. But I think you just didnā€™t lock it.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
In a world where thieves are stealing cats (the car part, not the animal) with a sawzall you simply cannot leave valuables in a car that is out of your immediate sight. Especially in a motel parking lot!

Also, don't talk about your shit. If thieves knew you had a gun or wallet in your car no lock or alarm can deter a rock to the window. A lockbox bolted to the floor is your best bet. And really the only bet for a convertible.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Who leaves valuables in a frigging car in the first place?

Stupid is what stupid loses.
Sponsored