Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Now that my car is out of winter storage, I went to the dealership and had the recall done. The mechanic left the FP tune on and everything worked fine. No need to return to stock for the recall.
Hmm thanks for the info. I am taking my car in a couple weeks and finally getting this recall done. The dealership and I are prepared to take the tune off to apply update and then re-install tune, maybe I will mention this to them.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Welp, final update. Tried the tune again chasing why the fuel monitor never sets (still no luck on that, only thing I can think of is that it needs a lot of drive cycles after a flash or something), and its still basically the same as it was before in the knock department. I did an extensive log today, and the noise I can hear sometimes is definitely ping, since it directly corresponds with knock retard going positive as soon as I get into the throttle at all. Case closed on that. Gets worse with higher engine temperatures just like before. In high gear accelerations on the highway I saw it go as high as +6.48 which is just not acceptable to me.

Stock tune may be dog water in comparison but at least the knock retard is basically always negative and it never pings on the same fuel, even at the same engine temps....

To all of those who are enjoying the kit, continue to do so. The torque gains are definitely nice, as is the improved shifting. But if your car rejects the kit like mine, there are too many disadvantages overlaid on top to make it worthwhile sadly.
Thanks for trying again. It's really unfortunate that it pings bad on our cars. This makes me wonder how Ford is able to produce the Bullitt and Mach1 which is basically the same tune AFAIK. What does Ford Performance do that's different? I never hear of anyone complaining about ping on a Bullitt or Mach1.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for trying again. It's really unfortunate that it pings bad on our cars. This makes me wonder how Ford is able to produce the Bullitt and Mach1 which is basically the same tune AFAIK. What does Ford Performance do that's different? I never hear of anyone complaining about ping on a Bullitt or Mach1.
As far as I understand it, the Bullitt/Mach 1 tune is closer to stock than the FP tune. They're rated for 87 octane so they make the same peak torque as a generic GT. They achieve the extra 20 peak horsepower using the combo of the gt350 intake, throttle body, and intake manifold.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
As far as I understand it, the Bullitt/Mach 1 tune is closer to stock than the FP tune. They're rated for 87 octane so they make the same peak torque as a generic GT. They achieve the extra 20 peak horsepower using the combo of the gt350 intake, throttle body, and intake manifold.
Ah thanks for explaining. That makes sense.
Sponsored