Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Hey all, you may remember the GT350 vs Boss 302 review I posted a while back. We recently did another Mustang video and went through the Ford Performance Racing School one day school with their Mustang GTs. Here's the link:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bBWIf2eA4L4[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Been there done that in May 2015.
Instructors are great and the two day experience was a BLAST.
And the Utah mountains are gorgeous!

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
How much is this? I remember for Focus/Fiesta ST buyers, Ford gave them a free training program (you just had to get there) out there called "ST Octane Academy" where there was an optional day 3 you could attend to drive the Mustangs. Is there something similar for Mustang buyers or is this one funded solely by yourself?

Sponsored

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
Do it in a GT350 and you really know how good the S550 platform is. It is a beast around that track and the instructors are awesome.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Fantastic...
This is amazing. The GT looks and sounds amazing. This video really goes to show how fast and track capable a properly equipped GT is. Holy cow. It seems to look stock as well.

Any ideas what mods these cars are running (other than the obvious rear seat delete and cage and possibly FRPP race catbacks). Looking at the lack of body motion I am assuming they are also running some FRPP shocks/springs/sways - maybe the FRPP track pack?

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Fantastic...
This is amazing. The GT looks and sounds amazing. This video really goes to show how fast and track capable a properly equipped GT is. Holy cow. It seems to look stock as well.

Any ideas what mods these cars are running (other than the obvious rear seat delete and cage and possibly FRPP race catbacks). Looking at the lack of body motion I am assuming they are also running some FRPP shocks/springs/sways - maybe the FRPP track pack?
They are pretty much stock. Mechanically they are with the exception of a diff cooler. The only other mods are rear seat delete, full cage, and the racing seats. They are also on BFGoodrich G-Force Comp II tires. They are built on Track Pack cars.

rabbit_eater

This place makes me itch.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow '15 GT PP
This video is great. I visited Utah Motorsports Campus in June and watched the MotoAmerica Superbike qualifying. My uncle lives less than 5 miles away from the track and the view from there is simply stunning. You can see the south coast of the Great Salt Lake from the pits.

I tried to take a look in the Ford Performance Racing School but it was closed while I was at the track. I am really interested in trying this out. How much do the classes run? How much actual seat time do you get?

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
They are pretty much stock. Mechanically they are with the exception of a diff cooler. The only other mods are rear seat delete, full cage, and the racing seats. They are also on BFGoodrich G-Force Comp II tires. They are built on Track Pack cars.
Thanks. Do you mean the FRPP track pack?
If so, its good to know most of the GT's on this forum are equipped with more suspension work than these already excellent performing school cars.

Now if we can get a hold of a good passive aftermarket diff cooler...

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Thanks. Do you mean the FRPP track pack?
If so, its good to know most of the GT's on this forum are equipped with more suspension work than these already excellent performing school cars.

Now if we can get a hold of a good passive aftermarket diff cooler...
Sorry for not responding sooner. I guess I need to brush up on my late model Mustang acronyms. I am unfamiliar with FRPP... :headbonk: I was referring to the factory option performance package, the one with the Brembo brakes, shock tower brace, the black wheels, etc.

This video is great. I visited Utah Motorsports Campus in June and watched the MotoAmerica Superbike qualifying. My uncle lives less than 5 miles away from the track and the view from there is simply stunning. You can see the south coast of the Great Salt Lake from the pits.

I tried to take a look in the Ford Performance Racing School but it was closed while I was at the track. I am really interested in trying this out. How much do the classes run? How much actual seat time do you get?
Are you out there often? On top of shooting for Everyday Driver I am one of the track photographers there.

The costs and class info can be found on their website. This was the one day school. You start the day early and have a 30 min or so classroom session going over basic things like proper seating position and race/brake lines for different situations. Then they split you up into groups to do different exercises, heel-toe shifting, skid car, and cornering lines through cones as shown in the film. Then I think you break for lunch then you are pretty much in the car on track most of the afternoon with the exception of short classroom briefings and what not. All but the last session you have an instructor in the car with you to help you. The last session is 30 min I think and it is you with no instructor lapping the track at whatever pace you are comfortable. I feel like I may be missing part of the day but I'm not sure lol We shot this a few months back.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Sorry for not responding sooner. I guess I need to brush up on my late model Mustang acronyms. I am unfamiliar with FRPP... :headbonk: I was referring to the factory option performance package, the one with the Brembo brakes, shock tower brace, the black wheels, etc.
Ah, you mean the Factory Performance Pack. Looking at your video, I do think the suspension has more work than the PP. (there is no track pack on the Mustangs from the factory this generation - yet). If you look at motor-trends videos, the PP cars have dive and squat - the cars in your videos have none. Also, the cars in your video do not have stock exhaust.

Ford racing is licensed by Ford to make aftermarket parts and they come with warranty. I'm pretty sure the exhaust is a Ford Racing (FRPP code name) cat-back. Also, I would not be surprised if the suspension is the FRPP 'track pack' - see attached.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

But I maybe wrong. Eitherway, a great showing by a mostly stock GT in a great school. I need to take this class. In my first year of owning the GT I wrote a thread on how the car is a great school/trainer car.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33371&highlight=jet+trainer

BTW- love Everyday Driver. Great shots, great videos. I've been a subscriber for awhile. Keep it up.

OP
OP

Phattyhales

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang
Ah, you mean the Factory Performance Pack. Looking at your video, I do think the suspension has more work than the PP. (there is no track pack on the Mustangs from the factory this generation - yet). If you look at motor-trends videos, the PP cars have dive and squat - the cars in your videos have none. Also, the cars in your video do not have stock exhaust.

Ford racing is licensed by Ford to make aftermarket parts and they come with warranty. I'm pretty sure the exhaust is a Ford Racing (FRPP code name) cat-back. Also, I would not be surprised if the suspension is the FRPP 'track pack' - see attached.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

But I maybe wrong. Eitherway, a great showing by a mostly stock GT in a great school. I need to take this class. In my first year of owning the GT I wrote a thread on how the car is a great school/trainer car.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33371&highlight=jet+trainer

BTW- love Everyday Driver. Great shots, great videos. I've been a subscriber for awhile. Keep it up.
I did specifically ask what all has been done tot he cars and the instructor told me mechanically they are completely stock other than the diff cooler. He may have been wrong but I've seen another guy at the track with a the factory performance pack and it sounds the same and doesn't lean as much as you'd think.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Im definitely going to do this. The environment looks beautiful out there as well.

Much nicer than dry-ass Sonoma and Thunder Hill that we have out here...
Sponsored