Ford Performance Power Pack 2

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
I'll be keen to hear what you think too, I think it will be far more noticeable having a good chunk of low down torque in a manual, and a sharper throttle response.

I bought mine from Rates Ford too. When I received it, the package wasn't sealed and I had difficulty installing the software (had to get Ford Performance US to reset the the pro cal tool/software for me) I was suspicious that someone else had tried to use the device and I'd been sent a return that had been married to another car. I contacted Rates, they never got back to me, but I'd resolved the issue anyway so left it at that.
What did the issue end up being? I know the interaction with the Ford Performance register is a bit of a faff. Last I looked it was broken, with every click generating a "You are now leaving the Ford Performance website". I have read that EU users need to ignore the message to contact their dealer, and just install the procal software...I'm am going into it expecting it to be a faff :-). A Ā£730, 11bhp remap with known and well documented installation issues. When I write it out like that, I feel like a proper wally for going ahead :-).
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had issues with the Procal software (on my laptop) not recognizing the Procal tool. Once you register your voucher code, the software will only work with the tool supplied with that kit. It was almost as if the tool and the voucher code did not correspond. Ford Performance thought it might have been because I didn't have the tool connected to my laptop when I first downloaded and installed the software. I can't remember if this was the case or not, but they were able to re-set it and I sorted all this out over email with them. Where did you read about issues with other EU users?

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
I had issues with the Procal software (on my laptop) not recognizing the Procal tool. Once you register your voucher code, the software will only work with the tool supplied with that kit. It was almost as if the tool and the voucher code did not correspond. Ford Performance thought it might have been because I didn't have the tool connected to my laptop when I first downloaded and installed the software. I can't remember if this was the case or not, but they were able to re-set it and I sorted all this out over email with them. Where did you read about issues with other EU users?
Thanks for the info. I will pay particular attention to the steps you mention when uploading mine. Re the issue, I have read it in various threads here, and in other forums. Mainly issues with the Ford Performance site and server. I also spoke to a number of suppliers with regard to the US version working in the UK.

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,
So my PP2 is being installed in two weeks by Hendy Performance. They honoured the Ford website price that includes installation but I know Hendy will do a proper job (BTW, the installation labour prices from Ford are reasonable if you order the ā€˜voucherā€™ when buying parts - takes a bit of clicking around to find the combined price, but itā€™s an option for PPs, springs etc.)
Iā€™m also running FP by Borla but with an auto box, so the comparison should be interesting.
Based on the excellent article referenced earlier, the combined gain should be about 33hpw (exhaust 7hpw, PP 26hpw). Iā€™m also going to swap out the filter for the Shelby/ Airaid washable blue filter. I donā€™t expect any additional gain - just like the colour! Lol

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@FAB Cruiser, which version of the FP by Borla do you have fitted?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Is that the EU Touring, with the resonator or the US with the X Pipe?
Itā€™s the Touring with X pipe and chrome single tips M-5200-M8TC.
I donā€™t think the EU spec one isnā€™t referred to as ā€˜Touringā€™.

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
Itā€™s the Touring with X pipe and chrome single tips M-5200-M8TC.
I donā€™t think the EU spec one isnā€™t referred to as ā€˜Touringā€™.
Nice mods, what I looked at doing originally actually. In the end I couldn't stomach the cost differential between UK and US prices. It will be interesting to hear your feedback when all are complete, it should really fly with that combo.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@Fioravanti Did you try to install your PP1 calibration yet? If not, when you do would you take note of what the "Description" field reads in the header of the ProCal software once you have downloaded the calibration file, and again when it is installed? I notice in the US version it specifically reads PP1, however mine never seems to change from Euro 6.1. Despite Ford Performance US assuring me it is the correct file, I have a niggling doubt!

IMG_4042.jpeg

Sponsored

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
@Fioravanti Did you try to install your PP1 calibration yet? If not, when you do would you take note of what the "Description" field reads in the header of the ProCal software once you have downloaded the calibration file, and again when it is installed? I notice in the US version it specifically reads PP1, however mine never seems to change from Euro 6.1. Despite Ford Performance US assuring me it is the correct file, I have a niggling doubt!

IMG_4042.jpeg
I've not installed it yet, been abroad. Will be doing it Monday so will let you know. Cheers!

Fioravanti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Guard Green
I've not installed it yet, been abroad. Will be doing it Monday so will let you know. Cheers!
OK, so I have now installed it. My Descriptions reads: Euro Stage 6.1, 2016-J S550 MUSTANG GT, PERF PACK, 155 MPH.

Not sure if that helps you, or confuses things further.

Anyway, I can confirm the Performance Pack 1 has been loaded, confirmed by the new 7,100rpm rev limit, and the intrusion of the No Lift Shift. God you have to shift slowly to avoid triggering that. I hate those gimmicks...guess I will have to learn to drive around it.

Performance wise, I had not driven the car for nearly 3 months prior to Saturday, so having two days to drive it around standard were useful. My first drive was in the rain, and to be honest I thought it already felt like it had enough power. So much so that I started getting cold feet about actually installing it. On Sunday the weather dried out and an opportunity to test it out in the dry reaffirmed my suspicions that yes, it was missing something. I did find myself running out of revs in 2nd, but with this slightly raised rev limit, I can't see that happening anymore. Good to know the engine mechanicals are rated up to 7,500, a useful amount of headroom there.

Throttle response has improved. Third still has the very noticeable torque limit, I guess that's never going to go away - I believe it exists to protect the IRS and Diff. I have noticed a few extra gurgles, they might become a bit more apparent when I get around to installing my Borla Type-S later in the week.

All in all, a very subtle upgrade. I haven't driven it enough to give anything other than first impressions, but it does seem to drive a bit more like what I had expected, and that 7,100 rpm rev limit is a very welcome addition.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for that info. Iā€™m going to contact Ford Performance again just to double check as there is no mention of Perf Pack in my description.

like you say, it is a subtle upgrade, but without tangible differences like no lift shift (auto) itā€™s difficult to be 100% certain there has been a change

J_UK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Triple Yellow/Black
Where about are you guys ordering the PP2 from? I'd like to get this for mine but I'm struggling to find it.

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Mine will be supplied and installed by Hendy Performance. Took two weeks to come in.

Rates Ford had them for sale with a discount on their ebay store but I just checked and they only have pack 1 and 3 now.

It's still out of stock via the Ford website.
Sponsored