Ford Performance or J&L Oil Catch Can??

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
You don't need a bracket for the JLT. I don't see how it could affect your warranty but if it bothers you take it off before you take it to the dealer. Takes no time to install.
Sponsored

RedCanPp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I had a JLT catch can back in my 2014 Mustang, but this time I went with UPR.

And I'm glad I did. The quality is so much better, the hoses are braided and doesn't look cheap like pretty much every other can kit.

Also got lucky that I managed to install it without taking the strut tower brace / engine cover. Installation done in 5min:

PXL_20240414_025722956.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So approx one year on & to try to clarify, is the J&L option with the bracket needed or fine without the bracket? Or is the FP the better option? Just bought a 2020 Mustang GT & want this to be my 1st main mod (I had JLT on my Edge ST that I had b4 the Mustang). I'm really torn & quite confused. I bought extra warranty with the Mustang so unsure if JLT would affect this? Thanks for any advice I can get.
Kona Blue 2020 GT Premium
I'd go with the FP one personally, but the JLT without the bracket is fine too. I had the one with the bracket at one point but it didn't fit. There's some variance per car on where the washer fluid bottle and AC port ends up that can affect the fitment of that one.
I had a JLT catch can back in my 2014 Mustang, but this time I went with UPR.

And I'm glad I did. The quality is so much better, the hoses are braided and doesn't look cheap like pretty much every other can kit.

Also got lucky that I managed to install it without taking the strut tower brace / engine cover. Installation done in 5min:

PXL_20240414_025722956.jpeg
I like this one other than the fact it's fairly heavy and just hangs there. Seems non ideal long term for the fittings. I had the radiator mount one at one point and it rubbed on the AC line, lol. Good quality though. UPR'S advice was to bend the line out of the way which I obviously wasn't interested in doing, lol.
Sponsored