Sponsored

Ford Nationals 2018 (May 31st - June 3rd)

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All:

Find us at the Mustang6G Tent. We'll have a few free giveaways.

After the show, we plan to meet at:

ABC Brewery
15 W King St
Shippensburg, PA 17257

7pm until ???

Parking is street parking so once you start Mustangs you know you're in the right place!
Sponsored

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Rain or Shine is correct.

It normally only rains for a few hours and then is fine.

This year looks to be the same.
When I went in 2004 it rained all Saturday, I've gone 5 times and only the first time was rain free. Every time I've gone to the All Mopar show its been sunny and hot. I wish they would move the Ford show to later in summer.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When I went in 2004 it rained all Saturday, I've gone 5 times and only the first time was rain free. Every time I've gone to the All Mopar show its been sunny and hot. I wish they would move the Ford show to later in summer.
We should be mostly rain free today.

Hope you can make it.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Carlisle does something every month from April to Sept, probably would be hard to move a show to another month when they have another National show at the fairgrounds

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Seems to me like there weren't as many 6th gens this year compared to last year. Meanwhile, the foci are taking over.

DSC_9233-X3.jpg

I think the weather predictions kind of threw things off this year.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
weather threw a lot of things off....i went to pony trails on friday and we had half the cars as we normally, mostly due to forecast of rain all day....
also guys said they had friends who cancelled the whole weekend due to forecast....hotel reservations, car show reservations, etc....
i was planning not to come up at all due to the weather but then i said why not, if it rains on sat i would only stay for a few hours and do what i wanted then head out (i didnt drive my mustang) but turned out to be an ok day.
other areas around carlisle got lots of rain and severe t-storms so it was fortunate for carlisle area.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Have to wonder if the American Muscle show is starting to cut into the Carlise show being they are only weeks apart and in the same part of the country? If the AM show is similarly scheduled next year I think I may skip Carlisle and go to it instead. Mix it up some.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Have to wonder if the American Muscle show is starting to cut into the Carlise show being they are only weeks apart and in the same part of the country? If the AM show is similarly scheduled next year I think I may skip Carlisle and go to it instead. Mix it up some.
I kinda thought that too, but with last weekend the weather was all over the place till Friday. I didnt really make the decision to go till Carlisle till Friday night.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Is that show worth going to? Judging by who hosts it, I would imagine it's nothing but cars built out of raxiom parts and replica wheels.

I don't think it's very far from me so maybe I'll check it out next year even though my car isn't anything different to look at.

Rodimus_Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Would love to go to the AM show but gotta work, someday I will actually show rather than spectate at Carlisle

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Is that show worth going to? Judging by who hosts it, I would imagine it's nothing but cars built out of raxiom parts and replica wheels.

I don't think it's very far from me so maybe I'll check it out next year even though my car isn't anything different to look at.
Never been so not sure? It is only another hour further for me, so that was why I am considering mixing it up next to see how it is.

SQ

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Never been so not sure? It is only another hour further for me, so that was why I am considering mixing it up next to see how it is.

SQ

I don't think the Show pulls anyone away per say.

I do think that the AM Show is advertised better (due to it being a vendor car show) and Ford Nationals isn't advertised via a vendor.

I still know people who don't even know about Ford Nationals but have heard of the AM Show.

For me, it's roughly ~1,000mi (round trip) for each show so I pick one and the show I pick is Ford Nationals.
Sponsored