Ford Execs lose bonuses over Quality

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Lemon Law is a tedious process for many owners. It's not just having Ford take the car back and they refund your money and you walk away...

Many folks had to resort BBB filings, waiting months for responses or arbitration, maybe getting a lawyer (depending on state and facts needed to press for a Lemon claim).... and

In *some* states, even after going through all of the Lemon BS, the vehicle ownwr is still penalized by having to pay Ford a "usage fee". So not only has the owner invested $X initially to buy the car, then had to deal with months of warranty bullshit, then has to deal with Lemon paperwork, phone calls OR possible lawyer fees - then they're f'd further by having to payout more $$$ for dealing with a POS product.

Oh and even better? The vehicle that was just Lemon'd gets put back into the used car pool - so someone else is going to end up with it AGAIN (proven fact).

So Lemoning, although an option, is not a simplistic or easy process for all owners.
Burn the car and file insurance sounds like a great option for you right now. :rant:

All joking aside, that sounds horrific! Sorry to hear you're going through hell and back with your car. But these situations aren't just Ford. They happen to every car manufacturer. Even Toyota.
Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Had my 17 GT for 7 months. Only 3400 miles so far, but quality so far seems as good as anything out there. Yes I can notice that some of the panels aren't perfectly aligned, but I can find that on many other cars. I think it stands out more to some with the S550 because of the lines. Overall it drives great, and feels like it's well put together.

Hopefully I feel the same as the miles add up.
Do people just not drive Mustangs often? Maybe its just living in Texas but at 7 months of ownership, I would have at least 15-18,000 miles on any vehicle. Blows my mind to see people just not drive a vehicle. I have done a minimum 20k per year on all my vehicles and I'll do the same when I purchase the 2018 GT. 3400 miles is like daily driving/commuting to work for a couple months.

I've owned a Honda & Acura, IMO there should be zero need for anything outside of routine maintenance before 60-70k miles. It's a bit alarming to see people being relieved of having no issues under 10-20k miles. Either Honda's build quality is far superior or Ford's is just poor.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So one executive was shorted ~$800K but managed to scrap by with >$2M still.

My bonus at work is as follows. If I reach 75% of my goal, I get 50% of my utilization bonus potential. If I reach 90% of my goal, I get 100% of my utilization bonus potential. If I get 74.9999999999% of my target, I get $0 bonus dollars. ZERO. And in no case are my bonuses in the millions of dollars, let alone getting any bonus at all when quality figures go from 115% to 76% in one g'dam year. This is PRECISELY why people get pissed off that company executives get so much money, because the get it and don't really seem to earn it the same way we pleabs would be required to.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
So one executive was shorted ~$800K but managed to scrap by with >$2M still.

My bonus at work is as follows. If I reach 75% of my goal, I get 50% of my utilization bonus potential. If I reach 90% of my goal, I get 100% of my utilization bonus potential. If I get 74.9999999999% of my target, I get $0 bonus dollars. ZERO. And in no case are my bonuses in the millions of dollars, let alone getting any bonus at all when quality figures go from 115% to 76% in one g'dam year. This is PRECISELY why people get pissed off that company executives get so much money, because the get it and don't really seem to earn it the same way we pleabs would be required to.
Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime...
Sponsored