Sponsored

For those who dislike the PP black wheels, let Ford know!

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
For those who dislike the PP wheels being offered only in black, submit your comments or 'like' at Ford Social:

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/2015-mustang-pp-wheels/

It's the only reason I haven't locked onto the PP, personally. Waiting to see what the take-off market will be like on these wheels. I'm hoping they're quite popular. This was actually a surprising decision by Ford, as the 2011-14 BBP/TP wheels were the most popular Mustang wheels I've observed in a decade, and they were dark stainless...
Sponsored

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I hated the idea of the black wheels. I really wanted the pp tho. I took delivery of my TY PP Eco yesterday. The wheels are amazing in person. The pictures I saw made them look horrible and not really stand out detail wise. In person a total different story. Just my opinion

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There are a lot of people who aren't buying the PP but are interested in purchasing take-off wheels. If you want the PP but don't like black wheels I think selling them should be pretty easy. I'd do that anyway for performance reasons.

skidude67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP Ingot Silver
I hated the idea of the black wheels. I really wanted the pp tho. I took delivery of my TY PP Eco yesterday. The wheels are amazing in person. The pictures I saw made them look horrible and not really stand out detail wise. In person a total different story. Just my opinion
^^ This^^

The wheels look bad ass on my silver PP. Numerous comments from car nuts and others on how cool the car looks! Could there be better looking aftermarket wheels? Perhaps.....but I think the factory wheels are fine.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that Ford was displaying some gunmetal PP wheels along with their FRPP showcase in the SEMA photo thread. It might stay this way, OP. If this is the only thing holding you back, you might want to consider pulling the trigger and just powder coating them. Powder coating is relatively affordable and will give you a nice, durable finish.

I'm also pretty sure these GT PP wheels are some kind of metallic gunmetal too, given the flake. Definitely look a shade lighter than the EB selection.

Stock gloss black finish for reference.

Sponsored

15GTStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I didn't like them at first, but they really grew on me. I really really dig the 20's, but I wanted the PP more. There is always a HUGE aftermarket for this stuff anyway

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I love the black wheels! Kinda nice I don't feel like I need to replace the wheels right away on this car.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'll give you my stock 18's as winter set if you want to trade for a black PP set + some cash if anyone wants to trade. I'm FL. Local would be better to avoid shipping costs, but maybe we can figure something out.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have always liked black wheels. I wish they would have done 7 or 8 spoke instead of 10, but I can live with it. If I get tired of black I may plastidip them gunmetal.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
actually, that's probably not a bad idea... I may plastidip mine

Sponsored

Bryman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Stock wheels are black so Ford can get more money out of people by painting them a more pleasing color and offering them through Ford racing. At least that's my pessimistic opinion. ;)

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
Gotta chime in here that I also really like the GT PP wheels.
Color, style, everything.

Nobody is going to like everything and Ford made a choice dictated by whatever criteria their people use.

I feel that whining over the PP wheels is petty and undeserving of the quality of the final product.

Save the criticism for reasonable things.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I feel that whining over the PP wheels is petty and undeserving of the quality of the final product.

Save the criticism for reasonable things.
Hope you brought your flame suit.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I think judgement is always a tough when viewing pictures and video...seeing in person is always a different experience. My opinion is I love the black wheels... seems every rental car in the world has silver wheels so I'm glad they changed it up...

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
the PP are the hardest and most PITA wheels i ever owned on a car to clean. I really dislike them and Ford should not have chosen gloss black as well.

if you shoot wheel cleaner from any top brand on them then it discolors the anodize finish on the calipers, no idea why companies dont just paint calipers and stop using this stupid gray anodize that reacts with every cleaner or soap on the market. its a horrible thing.
Sponsored