Sponsored

For those doing stereo upgrades - where are you hiding crossovers?

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It depends a bit on the dimensions of your crossovers. Mine are rather bulky and I did not want to add more wires to the door connectors. So I had to mount them in the cabin.
I'm using morel's. So they're some what large. Not as big as my old mb quart.. if I can mount them in the door. I shouldn't have to add wire connectors if I reuse the old wiring for the mid-range to run the tweeter since it's wired in parallel with the tweeter already. I'm just not hooking the mid-range to it. If thinking about this right.
Sponsored

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm using morel's. So they're some what large. Not as big as my old mb quart.. if I can mount them in the door. I shouldn't have to add wire connectors if I reuse the old wiring for the mid-range to run the tweeter since it's wired in parallel with the tweeter already. I'm just not hooking the mid-range to it. If thinking about this right.
I do have a connection on the t harness for a tweeter (mid-range/tweeter). That I wouldn't be using in this configuration. I would only be using the woofer wire into the door and into the x over. Then I would run new wire from the x over to the woofer and another to the mid-range. Then I'd run from the tweeter out on the x over to the factor mid range wire to run out of the door. (Which this wire also runs to the tweeter and the output side of the factory amp. Which will be terminated/disconnected.) So it's basically a factory wire to the tweeter at this point. If my logic is right. Lol

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Sounds like a plan :-) I wanted to run larger wires from the amp to the crossover, so that would not have worked for me.

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sounds like a plan :-) I wanted to run larger wires from the amp to the crossover, so that would not have worked for me.
I've never used factory wire before.. but.. it's looking like as the cars get newer.. were forced to use more and more of the factory components.. I'm using 14 from the trunk to the t harness.. so I'm hoping the small runs of factory wire will not be a issue.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You can always use your own wires :thumbsup: it is just a matter of time you spend on installing them. And it does not help if you run nice and new wires, but have to go through factory connectors and they do not match the power requirements or the quality.

Sponsored

Fouledout421

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayne
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
You can always use your own wires :thumbsup: it is just a matter of time you spend on installing them. And it does not help if you run nice and new wires, but have to go through factory connectors and they do not match the power requirements or the quality.
I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference.. Especially with a mbrp race catback and catless long tubes.

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder