Sponsored

Floormat snap durability?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Hmm...AM is only an hour south of me. Good to know for the future. But if I can find them cheaper online I'd just do that.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Yeah, it's not worth it for mats. I mainly drove down because I just bought the car and wanted to take it out on the highway. You do get a discount but still have to pay the tax obviously. The cheapest I found them was on Amazon as of a few months ago. They're the first thing i'd recommend buying, followed by an exhaust. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Yeah, it's not worth it for mats. I mainly drove down because I just bought the car and wanted to take it out on the highway. You do get a discount but still have to pay the tax obviously. The cheapest I found them was on Amazon as of a few months ago. They're the first thing i'd recommend buying, followed by an exhaust. :)
Everyone is so unhappy with the stock exhaust but at this point I don't mind it and have bigger fish to fry.

I need to install the jacking rails that arrived yesterday, need to put in hood struts, buy a BlackVue cam set, etc. I'm MUCH more concerned with keeping the car looking nice than performance mods.

I'm sure that will change as soon as I get it armored up as much as possible.

Thanks

-Emt1581

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone is so unhappy with the stock exhaust but at this point I don't mind it and have bigger fish to fry.

I need to install the jacking rails that arrived yesterday, need to put in hood struts, buy a BlackVue cam set, etc. I'm MUCH more concerned with keeping the car looking nice than performance mods.

I'm sure that will change as soon as I get it armored up as much as possible.

Thanks

-Emt1581
I did the same. I plan to keep my warranty as long as possible so I'm sticking with exhaust, suspension, and some cosmetic stuff. I really like the GT350 steering wheel mod, very easy to install and looks great. I just threw on a Ford Racing Catch Can last week as well. This week I'm taking it to my buddies shop to have the Koni's, gt350r springs, and BMR lockout installed. I also spent a fortune on cleaning supplies and waxes right after I bought the car. I think I have almost every Chemical Guys product. Next will be 50th anniversary Brembos, GT350 strut tower brace, and eventually new wheels and tires....then I will be done until my warranty is up. haha That's the thing about Mustangs, you can buy the car for $30k or $40k but end up dumping another $10k into mods and appearance stuff. I can't wait to get the new suspension on, it should really make the car more fun to drive on the twists and turns.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the same. I plan to keep my warranty as long as possible so I'm sticking with exhaust, suspension, and some cosmetic stuff. I really like the GT350 steering wheel mod, very easy to install and looks great. I just threw on a Ford Racing Catch Can last week as well. This week I'm taking it to my buddies shop to have the Koni's, gt350r springs, and BMR lockout installed. I also spent a fortune on cleaning supplies and waxes right after I bought the car. I think I have almost every Chemical Guys product. Next will be 50th anniversary Brembos, GT350 strut tower brace, and eventually new wheels and tires....then I will be done until my warranty is up. haha That's the thing about Mustangs, you can buy the car for $30k or $40k but end up dumping another $10k into mods and appearance stuff. I can't wait to get the new suspension on, it should really make the car more fun to drive on the twists and turns.
Catch can...that's something else I've been contemplating.

I don't mind pumping another $10k into it and STILL it'd be significantly cheaper than cars with less horsepower from the Germans. That'd be to supercharge and make the needed part swaps. But that won't even be researched much until all warranties are long gone.

Hell, right now I'm still learning to drive it!

-Emt1581

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Weathertech's FTW! Have them in both cars, even though the Mustang doesn't go out in winter they're well worth it. Our other car is an SUV, 2 years old, winter daily driver and when you pull the Weathertechs out to clean them the carpet underneath looks brand new. They are worth every nickel.

Sponsored

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
I've had Weathertechs. I've had Huskys.

HUSKY > WEATHERTECH.

every time.

Except for the trunk liner. Husky doesn't have the trunk liner with a subwoofer cutout.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catch can...that's something else I've been contemplating.

I don't mind pumping another $10k into it and STILL it'd be significantly cheaper than cars with less horsepower from the Germans. That'd be to supercharge and make the needed part swaps. But that won't even be researched much until all warranties are long gone.

Hell, right now I'm still learning to drive it!

-Emt1581
I'd get a catch can right away, I wish I had. I put mine on after 2500 miles. I went with the Ford one for the factory look. I think I paid like $150 shipped. It takes about 5 minutes to install. Some say you need them, others don't, but for $150 I figured it's worth it, especially after seeing all the oil people find in theirs.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd get a catch can right away, I wish I had. I put mine on after 2500 miles. I went with the Ford one for the factory look. I think I paid like $150 shipped. It takes about 5 minutes to install. Some say you need them, others don't, but for $150 I figured it's worth it, especially after seeing all the oil people find in theirs.
They seem to range from $80-$400. And everyone seems to have a different opinion on which is best. I figure it's something that can't hurt to have in place.

-Emt1581

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They seem to range from $80-$400. And everyone seems to have a different opinion on which is best. I figure it's something that can't hurt to have in place.

-Emt1581
Yeah, I checked out a few, but they all seem to do the same thing for the most part. Kind of like the Air Filter debates. I went with the Ford mainly because it looks OEM in the engine bay, and usually Ford and Ford Performance stuff is quality and reliable. My buddy just got a pair for both driver and passenger side, I forget what brand he went with, but it wasn't Ford.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I checked out a few, but they all seem to do the same thing for the most part. Kind of like the Air Filter debates. I went with the Ford mainly because it looks OEM in the engine bay, and usually Ford and Ford Performance stuff is quality and reliable. My buddy just got a pair for both driver and passenger side, I forget what brand he went with, but it wasn't Ford.
I thought the driver side didn't need one. I guess I have more learning/researching to do.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the driver side didn't need one. I guess I have more learning/researching to do.

-Emt1581
Most people don't use one, even many of those that do say there is rarely any oil in the drivers side. If you plan to race the car it might be worth it, but for 99% of us it would probably be wasted money. I would just invest in a passenger one. My friend plans to race his car, and got a good deal, so he went with both.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people don't use one, even many of those that do say there is rarely any oil in the drivers side. If you plan to race the car it might be worth it, but for 99% of us it would probably be wasted money. I would just invest in a passenger one. My friend plans to race his car, and got a good deal, so he went with both.
I think I'll look at which to buy and grab one.

Thanks

-Emt1581

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I've had Weathertechs. I've had Huskys.

HUSKY > WEATHERTECH.

every time.

Except for the trunk liner. Husky doesn't have the trunk liner with a subwoofer cutout.
I agree 100% Husky's are better than W-T ... also USA Made like W-T but cost a bit less.

My brother had W-T in a Fusion an I was not impressed; I've bought Husky's for 5 different vehicles now since 2010 and have not been disappointed yet.

I've got the Husky Trunk Liner in my '16 and thought the hump as seen in this pic was where you cut if you have the subwoofer ...
Husky Liner Trunk 2.jpg
Sponsored