The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
As I had mentioned in another thread here I received a fix-it ticket for the front license plate. Just a question for all you Californians. The summons came in the mail and of course it’s show proof and pay $25 or tell them to fuck off and pay $186.87. Either way I can mail it in. I already bought the Craig‘s custom Mustang bracket which I can take on and off with ease. That was about $50. Just some opinions, would you guys just pay the $186 and not screw with my bumper at all?
Sponsored

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
Do not drill holes in your bumper. Ever.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do not drill holes in your bumper. Ever.
I would never drill holes in my bumper. Never have. The Craig’s has a hidden mount that is removable with double sided tape. I would only put it on to get it looked at and approved and then take it right back off.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Another option: Mach 1s have a tow hook receiver already built in to the front bumper on the left-hand side. Someone makes a license plate holder that screws in to that tow hook receiver.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Where I live I could not pull out of my driveway without getting a ticket so I have to have a front plate. I looked at lots of options including the towhook until I realized that my car is not cool enough to have one 😎. There is a very popular one that mounts to the under tray screws but having an EB I thought it might block the IC. I went with a Sly Brackets mount. Although they say to mount to the lower grill I mounted it to the main grill (see previous sentence) off to the side and it doesn't look too bad. There is also a company that makes vinyl decals that you can stick to your bumper that are California approved. I did not go that route because I am not sure how my local police would react and they cost as much as the mounts.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I got the summons in the mail. If I fix it it is $25.00

If I don't fix it it is $186. I don't know if something goes on my record if I don't do the $25 option.

I didn't know I had a choice.

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
As I had mentioned in another thread here I received a fix-it ticket for the front license plate. Just a question for all you Californians. The summons came in the mail and of course it’s show proof and pay $25 or tell them to fuck off and pay $186.87. Either way I can mail it in. I already bought the Craig‘s custom Mustang bracket which I can take on and off with ease. That was about $50. Just some opinions, would you guys just pay the $186 and not screw with my bumper at all?
IF you want one that you can remove, Sto n sho has one that mounts using two cent screws behind chin spoiler and has a quick release to remove. You can find it on the Steeda website. If your lowered, then just be careful with the curb stops in the parking lot.

1703615071356.png

Sponsored

DeadBroke3.7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt premium 10r80
So the ticket came by mail tells you were snagged by a traffic camera or scanned by a passing patrol car. If you were to temporarily mount it what is going to prevent a repeat ticket? In the long run who’s gonna win?

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was handed the ticket by LEO. I was pulled over for using the car pool lane. He gave me a warning on that and hit me with the fix it so he could get me for something. The mailing was just letting me know my options.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
That is what is called a "pretextual" stop. They're supposed to be barred in California as of January 1st.

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
I just paid my $25 fix it last week. Just put the plate back on and got it signed off. Once you go to the court clerk, they just look at the signature on the back, you pay the $25 fine and leave. Not worth the extra $160 to pay the fine, any of the brackets mentioned above would work, just avoid drilling some holes. Maybe some PPF with a good adhesive that's strong enough to hold it for a day?

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Craig's bracket yesterday. It looks like it will work great. On and off with no drilling. I am going to do the $25 fix as well.
Sponsored